Poll: Italian Grand Prix 2019, Monza - Race 14/21

Rate the 2019 Italian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Soldato
The problem is that the drivers will not respect track limits. So they put in physical barriers, and then you get unforseen consequences like launching cars into the air, or bouncing off fences. The FIA have to make it totally against the drivers interest to go off track, and if that means more cars not finishing because they are stranded in a gravel trap, then so be it.

Gravel trap is not needed as you only need them to slow down a car before it hits the barrier. When drivers run slightly wide they drag lots of gravel back onto the track.

You need a punishment mechanism for running wide. Grass will just cause more crashes and whilst sausage kerbs do work they can break cars and obviously launch cars.

I think they should just have 2 second time penalties every time you breach track limits.

Permabanned
Quali should be close today between Mercedes and ferrari. If it rains tomorrow I don’t think it’ll be that close. Ferrari’s best chance to win this season though.

It seems it's close between Ferrari, Red Bull and Mercedes, and Renault wasn't that far behind, too.
The forecast for tomorrow is AM/noon rain and afternoon sunny skies.

Soldato
Gravel trap is not needed as you only need them to slow down a car before it hits the barrier. When drivers run slightly wide they drag lots of gravel back onto the track.

You need a punishment mechanism for running wide. Grass will just cause more crashes and whilst sausage kerbs do work they can break cars and obviously launch cars.

I think they should just have 2 second time penalties every time you breach track limits.

You then have the race decided on a calculator and the finish line.

Where people run wide regularly put a marker and a punishment chicane or something like that. if your outside the marker take the slow route back to the track.

Man of Honour
I'm staggered he could walk away from that, apparently unhurt. That was a terrifying amount of air from what looked like nothing.

It looked like the curb disintegrated when he drove over it. Bizarre.

It was an amazing incident. Never seen anything like that before. The bits that were flying about were from the underside of the car, mainly the leading edge of the floor.

Back
Top Bottom