• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Its a bit boring now don't you think?

Caporegime
OP
cyclops12 said:
same here just got a new bike 6 months ago
had to stop myself a few times hitting the buy it now button
no games that take my fancy at the moe so im gona wait it out
this is the longest ive been inbetween upgrades lol its hard work :D

My interest in PC cools off when its summer.

There are so many other things to do.

Soldato
Yeah it's a little boring on the games front at the moment :( September does look nice however... In the mean time, think I may reinstall Quake 4 and Half Life 2 and redo those :)

Associate
Yawn, whens Quake Wars coming. Everything seems to miss its release date, Medal Of Honor and Crysis look good and Kane and Lynch as long as its not a dodgy port. Had to play Medieval Total War 2 and BF2142 just to keep ticking over!! S.T.AL.K.E.R is O.K but its a pain travelling back through levels.

Soldato
jrodga2k5 said:
Glad I saved Half-Life 2 Episode 1 until now to play :)

aye true, games are a lot better to play when theres actually hardware to run them at full glory,

i mean when i got farcry free with a agp6600 it was the dogs dangles to run it at low settings!
and some hardware still cant run it full with 16x AA etc..

Soldato
man_from_uncle said:
Got, got, need, need, need, got, need, got, got, need,...

:D

Doesn't actually have quite a number of games that i have :p

Yes, its boring when you own the same graphics card for almost a year, thankfully I've changed to a quadro fx4600 so that was interesting to mess around with for about 5 hours before i had to do work with it. :(

Waiting patiently for the G92 + X38 :D

Soldato
Legionaire68 said:
Yawn, whens Quake Wars coming. Everything seems to miss its release date, Medal Of Honor and Crysis look good and Kane and Lynch as long as its not a dodgy port. Had to play Medieval Total War 2 and BF2142 just to keep ticking over!! S.T.AL.K.E.R is O.K but its a pain travelling back through levels.

Quake War's will come out when Splash Damage pull there damn fingers out there asses

Associate
I have a feeling that too many games companies are loosing business through pirating ATM.

Exclusively online games will be harder to crack, unless some people manage to set up private servers (pirate servers?), probably quite common :mad: .

If the game is single player, or has a single player mode , that can be cracked for sure :(

Other problems:

Need to supply:
Drivers supporting XP 32 bit,
Drivers supporting XP 64 bit.
Drivers supporting Vista 32 bit.
Drivers suppoting Vista 64 bit.
Drivers supporting OS: Foo, version: Bar, ETc, Etc, etc.

A lot of the new games writers are going to want to build in some DX10 code/mode.

They also have to write DX9 compatible code ATM, as it would be suicidle to write a DX10 only app ATM.

The architecture of DX10 hardware, and DX10 software at the driver level is drastically different from DX9 (software not so much different at API level).

Check this out guys, it's a beautiful thing :cool:

DX10 with its unified shaders and virtualized memory will be a major stepup IMO.

Only ( ;) ) problem is that this will take quite a lot of work in this "crossover" period, both for the driver writers and the games programmers ( DX10 API/SDK users).

The DX10 model is really not backwards compatible with previous versions of DX at all, which is a major break from the norm.

Suppoting lagacy systems has its drawbacks re: inefficiecy.

Creating a new architecture and developing for it also has its drawbacks (it takes time).

Also, (in this specific case ) you couldn't just write a game that uses DX10 ATM 'cause that would limit the buyers to people with DX10 hardware (and Vista!).

ATM, Games writers wanting to utilise DX10 would have to write two different apps to support DX10 or DX9, or a single app which will use different code paths to use DX10 / DX9 depending on your hardware and options.

I would imagine the latter.

At the API/SDK level, DX10 and DX9 aren't too different, but to write OPTEMISED code for either could be quite different.

Personally, I think ( a theory ;) ) that the delay with new games maybe due to them wanting to support DX9 and DX10, with the architecture of DX10 being drastically different from any of its predessors causing the delay.

IMO, I think there is a lot to come from DX10 yet at the driver, API and game level.

DX10 is brand new guys, give it time.

Dave

Last edited:
Soldato
There is currently no more to play on consoles than there is on PC, its summer, enjoy the real world, then we can all cocoon ourselves away at the first sign of winter :)

I had my 360 break recently, considered buying another one, but then I realised the only thing i played on it was pro evo 6 online.

I ended up buying a new pc for games, got pro evo and wow, and im happy.

Associate
Got rid of my 360 when I realised I kept going back decent RTS games and once you've played Gears and Call of Duty 3 you can get nearly all the 360 games on PC for hat least 2/3 the price. Was tempted by PS3 but my mates(couch potato) got one and still uses his 360 more.

Man of Honour
I find the X1900 XTX I've had since it came out, does the job well and probably will do for the rest of the year or until the new Unreal etc comes out.

Back
Top Bottom