It's Arrived - Art. Lebedev Studio Optimus Maximus Keyboard

Soldato
My £30 Apple Keyboard looks much nicer than that, albeit it doesn't have Lcds on the keypad, but who cares.

Does it really?

20070530-Optimus_Win_Square_web%5B1%5D.jpg

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
Does it really?

20070530-Optimus_Win_Square_web%5B1%5D.jpg

as nice as that looks - i still think i could live without it

ferraris look nice - but they are too expensive

i think the general consensus here is that everyone who likes its thinks its just too expensive

also those nice shiny keys would look grubby after 10 minutes

Associate
as nice as that looks - i still think i could live without it

ferraris look nice - but they are too expensive

i think the general consensus here is that everyone who likes its thinks its just too expensive

also those nice shiny keys would look grubby after 10 minutes

It is far too expensive for the general public, but nothing is too expensive for those that can afford the expense.

Associate
+1

Its a nice gimick but nothing more. Looks horrible to type on.

I'd stick with a £10 keyboard and spend £790 on an upgrade.

Why not spend £800 on an upgrade and buy this keyboard, if you like it and can afford to then these types of comments are moot and very frustrating to read.

Soldato
Why not spend £800 on an upgrade and buy this keyboard, if you like it and can afford to then these types of comments are moot and very frustrating to read.

How is a keyboard like this an upgrade over any other half decent keyboard?

If you're buying this because you can afford it and like it then fine but its hardly an upgrade. The keys look horrible to type on, the flash custom keys don't make the keyboard any easier or faster to use IMO and its hideously overpriced.

Its a gimick that some people are prepared to pay over the odds for.

Soldato
If I were a multi-millionaire I wouldn't think twice about getting that keyboard. I didn't read passed page 2 as it just became a thread full of whining bitches, but I don't know if the OP said whether he was rich or what, but for all we know he is a multi-millionaire.

Anyway, it's definitely not worth the price if you're an average joe and my keyboard gets abused way too much for me to justify paying for something that will eventually be ruined within 6 months or so. (hence my amazing £4.99 keyboard) But it's definitely cool and would be so amazing for stuff like photoshop and maya.

Associate
How is a keyboard like this an upgrade over any other half decent keyboard?

If you're buying this because you can afford it and like it then fine but its hardly an upgrade. The keys look horrible to type on, the flash custom keys don't make the keyboard any easier or faster to use IMO and its hideously overpriced.

Its a gimick that some people are prepared to pay over the odds for.

I was about to retort, but then I assumed that perhaps you had missed the italicized and in my above post which was to indicate that I was saying "Why not have the keyboard and an upgrade if you can afford it?"

You used to have to pay a lot more for the TT with the funky LEDs, a gimmick that wasn't worth the extra in terms of value, but if you value the funk and you've got the cash, go for it.

Soldato
I was about to retort, but then I assumed that perhaps you had missed the italicized and in my above post which was to indicate that I was saying "Why not have the keyboard and an upgrade if you can afford it?"

You used to have to pay a lot more for the TT with the funky LEDs, a gimmick that wasn't worth the extra in terms of value, but if you value the funk and you've got the cash, go for it.

How many people would have the cash to upgrade and buy one of these? Saying that, I believe anyone who had the cash would also have the sense to spend their money more wisley.

Back
Top Bottom