It's Arrived - Art. Lebedev Studio Optimus Maximus Keyboard

Soldato
The Maximus looks awesome-if the screens filled the entire key it would pretty much be perfect (depending on how nice the keys are to press etc). Not sure about the Tactus though, can imagine that touch typing simply wouldnt happen, and gaming may well be pretty tricky as well. I have a touchscreen phone and really struggle to text on it.

Soldato
Amazing Keyboard, where else would a purchase create so much debate ha ha

Anyway what im fascinated about is your long term feedback on the keyboard. Such as once the novelty wears off (if it does) then what little flaws come to light.

Id love to see some pics of a setup as someone mentioned for something like FSX as well as a standard FPS setup.

I know the keys can have static images etc but can they display moving images.

Heres what i would like to see if possible.

Standard WSAD setup display an up arrow for W, down arrow for S left arrow for A and right arrow for D

F i use for grenades so a little grenade icon for F

Left Shift is Crouch so an animated little icon of a guy going from stand to crouch

Left Control for Prone again guy laying prone as the image for the key.

R for reload so possibly a ammo clip image

You get the idea, its one thing to talk about what the keyboard can do but i for one would like to see something like ive described.

If you can have moving images on keys i can only imagine something like an RPG where health potion or mana potion keys actually have a little animated image of a potion it sounds so unrealistic but with this keyboard a possibility.

Whatever the debates about the cost thankyou for making the purchase and giving some of us a glimpse into this great product :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Heres what i would like to see if possible.
Standard WSAD setup display an up arrow for W, down arrow for S left arrow for A and right arrow for D
F i use for grenades so a little grenade icon for F
Left Shift is Crouch so an animated little icon of a guy going from stand to crouch
Left Control for Prone again guy laying prone as the image for the key.
R for reload so possibly a ammo clip image

IMO, this novelty would be useless and detrimental if used in FPS's like CS:S or UT, it would be better to just memorise the keys. But as i said, i wouldn't mind only have it there as a useless novelty.

I'd find it extremely useful for apps like avid media composer, photoshop, and other cad/cam programs.

Last edited:
Associate
animated things would be well distracting surely. This is an awesome money sink. If you've already got a top of the range PC, what's left to buy?

Soldato
yeah im sure the best uses of the keyboard would be as asim mentioned with something like photoshop, 3dmax, dreamweaver etc etc.

Anyway as someone else mentioned in the thread its always nice to see a product which seemed very much a possibility rather than a probability, now in the real world.

Soldato
This whole thread is just sad, what is the point of this keyboard apart from a ridiculously expensive gimmick?

Lol.

Saying that on a forum that you've contributed 1000+ posts to is slightly ironic is it not?

Also, its not sad.

Its a keyboard at the end of the day. How its any worse than spending £1000+ on a Tri SLi setup of GTX280's I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom