It's official. We rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I couldn't believe it when I got home from work on Friday - excellent news and a great display of what makes OcUK such a great place :)

SETI will always be the daddy of DC - quite literally :D

ps: fold - it does you good ;)

Pho

Pho

Soldato
VeNT said:

I think Churchill said it better to be honest.

We shall go on to the end, we shall stomp in France,
we shall stomp on the seas and oceans,
we shall stomp with growing confidence and growing strength in the air,
we shall defend our Island, whatever the cost may be, we shall stomp on the beaches,
we shall stomp on the landing grounds, we shall stomp in the fields and in the streets,
we shall stomp in the hills; we shall never surrender

Last edited:
Soldato
Ekim said:
http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/top_teams.php

says your 10th there? or am I looking in the wrong place?

*edit, just noticed the link in the first post.

We are currently 2nd in Seti Boinc for total. However, we are only 10th in production as above.
[pimp mode]We need all the help we can get in Seti Boinc[/pimp mode]

Well done all on the Seti Classic achivement :cool:

H'onwards and H'upwards.

Dunc

Man of Honour
Soldato
lucasade1 said:
Im sorry but could someone explain what this is all about? I don't get it?

OcUK has a very successful SETI@Home team. The project's leaders decided to pull the plug on SETI Classic, the original project. OcUK was in 2nd place, right behind SETI.Germany. We DC types set forth to overtake them in the closing month of the project and went on a recruitment/spamming campaign to great success.

The project ended with a wimper; server troubles for people trying to upload work they've completed. Many were upset and disheartened, including myself. However, the project leaders did some housekeeping on the project results. They cleaned out bogus work, work turned in by cheaters. There must've been quite a few cheaters at SETI.Germany becasue the work they lost was enough to put OcUK ahead for the win.

In 6 years of work Overclockers UK has defeated all other teams. This is a huge accomplishment. We worked for over 129 MILLION hours of CPU time. It boggles the mind.

Congratulations OcUK, you've earned it. :D

Man of Honour
Soldato
cheets64 said:
wow, wish i had joined up to seti in sept instead i went for folding.

No sweat, we need all the folders we can get as we fight our way up the charts, we're 54th ATM. :cool:

Anyway in Sept you wouldn't have been able to create a new username for yourself as account creation was disabled in May (I think). You would have had to crunch for somebody else's name. FAH is a fine choice, really, any DC is a fine choice. It's all fun.

Last edited:
Soldato
BillytheImpaler said:
OcUK has a very successful SETI@Home team. The project's leaders decided to pull the plug on SETI Classic, the original project. OcUK was in 2nd place, right behind SETI.Germany. We DC types set forth to overtake them in the closing month of the project and went on a recruitment/spamming campaign to great success.

The project ended with a wimper; server troubles for people trying to upload work they've completed. Many were upset and disheartened, including myself. However, the project leaders did some housekeeping on the project results. They cleaned out bogus work, work turned in by cheaters. There must've been quite a few cheaters at SETI.Germany becasue the work they lost was enough to put OcUK ahead for the win.

In 6 years of work Overclockers UK has defeated all other teams. This is a huge accomplishment. We worked for over 129 MILLION hours of CPU time. It boggles the mind.

Congratulations OcUK, you've earned it. :D

So it's a program that runs in the background looking for strange abnormal things that might indicate other life? I don't uderstand the 'team' aspect of it though?

Man of Honour
Soldato
Ok, so there are millions of people who are analyzing this radio telescope data. Each person can choose to join a team. The teams then compete among themselves for bragging rights. Within the team there is competition for greater production. Having teams adds greatly to a DC project's success in that it allows for a community spirit. It keeps the enthusiasm up and generates a community of veterans what is ready and willing to help rookies.

daz

daz

Soldato
#1223... last result Sun Dec 14 15:11:35 2003... I can't remember why I stopped. :o :(

Well done to every who contributed (a lot more than me!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom