It's official. We rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
Soldato
On that note, has anybody heard what MoS is up to now that SETI Classic is dead? He'll save on bandwidth now!

5000 WU/Day * 400 kiB/WU *30 Days/Month = 60,000,000 kiB
Double that becasue it's downloaded then uploaded again. 60 GiB of bandwidth per month is nothing to scoff at. :eek:

Last edited:
Associate
Chronos-X said:
Heh,

I thought it was a forgone conclusion that some other boys would win it by a country mile?

dovec.gif

This wont mean much to most, and its not that accurate, but I guess the guy deserves a credit here.

MYB? Canneh remember exactly tho... Rings a bell.

Soldato
BillytheImpaler said:
On that note, has anybody heard what MoS is up to now that SETI Classic is dead? He'll save on bandwidth now!

Double that becasue it's downloaded then uploaded again. 60 GiB of bandwidth per month is nothing to scoff at. :eek:

Isn't he a datacentre? So it wouldn't be much of a problem to him, hell I download and upload more than that with bt each month :p

Associate
BillytheImpaler said:

60gig of bandwidth is pretty small potatoes these days, my server at home downloaded about 200 gigs over the christmas period, and one of my websites used to use about 14tb a month!

Soldato
JollyGreen said:
60gig of bandwidth is pretty small potatoes these days, my server at home downloaded about 200 gigs over the christmas period, and one of my websites used to use about 14tb a month!

Do you have a part time job solely for paying for bandwith? :D

Man of Honour
OP
JollyGreen said:
Aye, and you need nowhere near that.

We figured MoS would have enough bandwidth from 512K ADSL even when it was 12,000 WU/day. 5,000/day is smallfry by comparison. :eek:

Associate
Beansprout said:
You can get 14Tb for ~£260/mo - you don't need a beefy box for downloads :)
Well at the time it was spread over about 10 boxes at $80 a month as serving up 3 million hits (not uniques alas) a day was a bit taxing for one box lol.
Still made about $1000 a month profit from ads too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom