It's snowing

Was hammering down in London today. I gave up trying to get any work done and had all the lads build a giant snowman. We drew straws on who gets to rugby tackle it and then we all went home. Might take it easy this week and just enjoy the snow. Work isn't likely to happen.

Snow is 10 inches deep outside, roads are hellish but get this, our two local ice cream vans are STILL on the move, playing their loud jingles, moving from street to street. Bane of my ******* existence, just can't get rid of them.

Still no snow :(

After I typed that I went outside to go to work and it was lightly snowing, but at work It snowed almost all day!

28kkmdz.jpg

http://www.exactaweather.com/UK_Long_Range_Forecast.html

been following UKWEATHERGEEK on twitter for a while and he has been spot on several times now and has been forcasting this for ages, more worrying is his prediction that 2011/2012 will be even worse.

So guys you read it here first 2011/2012 is set to be a Terrible winter even more than the coming winter which in turn set to be worse than last.

even more than the coming winter which in turn set to be worse than last.

I'm gonna disagree with that part, I've seen a number of long range predictions and models and they all seem to agree that NW Europe will be warming up by the end of Dec and into Jan.

Where it is currently unusually warm in central and southern Europe for winter, a flip should occur between the cold and warmer spots.

I'm gonna disagree with that part, I've seen a number of long range predictions and models and they all seem to agree that NW Europe will be warming up by the end of Dec and into Jan.

Where it is currently unusually warm in central and southern Europe for winter, a flip should occur between the cold and warmer spots.

ok lets see what happens ;)

Oh my goodness, my estate is an ice rink nightmare. Glad i got back when I did, because it started snowing again. Wonder if it will snow again tonight in the South East?

Is there any point to the weather forecasts at the moment? Utterly pointless for here anyway, it's been wrong every day for days now. I realise they are forecasts only and can vary but frankly I could have predicted as accurately as they have for the last few days.

Sigh, this is actually one of the affects of so called global warming :)

Anyways, impressive records!

Chilly indeed.

ags

no this is not related to AGW its called traditional winter, you know what we used to have, its because the last 2 years have had low sunspots oh possibly the gulfstream stalling is caused by a changing climate but that cyclical anyway.

I watched a discovery show few weeks back and the sahara desert was a lush wet land 11,000 ish years ago you know when we were under 2km of ice.And it had alternated between lush wetland / desert every 11,000 years or so, as have we but with iceages. So you see its a cycle the tipping point might be soon as the Gulfstream is weakening and once its current movement changes we will enter a new iceage and it will then take mositure to north africa and the sahara will once again become a wet land. They mentioned this process took a relative short time < 1000 years.

Crazy? maybe but it made a lot a sense to me.

Here's one from the local news..

A TOTAL of 69 schools and colleges in Notts have so far said they will be closed today, Tuesday, after fresh snowfalls overnight. About 4cm of snow fell in many areas of Notts overnight.

Gotta love this country sometimes.

Here's one from the local news..

A TOTAL of 69 schools and colleges in Notts have so far said they will be closed today, Tuesday, after fresh snowfalls overnight. About 4cm of snow fell in many areas of Notts overnight.

Gotta love this country sometimes.

4cm... seriously? Thats unbelievable, really, thats pathetic even for England surely.

Back
Top Bottom