It's snowing

Telford west midlands got some last night ontop of the stuff we had friday night. Not much but all the side roads of iffy. Been snowing on and off this afternoon but if it doesnt blow itself out we might get the lot Derby hare getting as its blowing this way.

Great pics above BTW, i fixed my Gopro Hero HD to my model plane at the weekend and took it up as high as i could see over the estate and it gave some amazing pics. Will try and upload some later.

Another Telford chap \o/

We're due for some more tonight from 12ish, I'm currently doing overtime for a few hours, hopefully the snow will hold out enough for me to get some company sponsored food, and secondly for me to get him in the s2000 :)

Was in Hamilton today, seemingly the M8 westbound to Glasgow was shut. The M74 we took on the way in at 2 was ok, was one lane coming out of Glasgow but not to bad.
I got lost in Hamilton trying to find the train station, was in stupidly slidy shoes and had a miserable hour+ walk around trying to find the train station.
Got back to Glasgow, and then my train home was cancelled. Bah.

Here's one from the local news..

A TOTAL of 69 schools and colleges in Notts have so far said they will be closed today, Tuesday, after fresh snowfalls overnight. About 4cm of snow fell in many areas of Notts overnight.

Gotta love this country sometimes.

4cm isn't everywhere, it's 20-30 cm here

No sign of it stopping here :D looks like the kids will be off school again tomorrow.

img1132copy0.jpg

Aye or Airdrie/Petersburn. From what I read they had trouple with some routes in North Lanarkshire.

I also had the pleasure of getting a 16 bus from Kelvingrove to Ek today.....best 2 hours of my life ever :(

Always hated those bloody 16/18's back in the day, usually a double decker full of inbreds! Passes the worst areas, aswell! Do you work in Kingsgate?

HEAVY SNOW WARNING - WEDNESDAY NIGHT

Increasing low Uppers of -12 will cross the south east into the late evening, this with the change to north east winds and low pressure over france will intensify the shower activity!. Expect upto 15cm in some areas , this is just a warning and may not happen at all!

It's going to get MUCH colder

Its all white and everything is covered. The wind is picking up now and its getting to be quite a blizzard. I have tired to dig the car out as I am supposed to be working tonight, but the risk is just not worth it, esecially when there is a few abandoned cars that have been left, and there are no tread marks on the road as they have been covered.

The is no gritting service where I am as the roads are too narrow.:(

No snow here down in the south east (in fact we had a bit of rain earlier), yet 12 miles away to the east in Folkestone there's quite a lot, been snowing most of the day and was a real paining driving in to work this morning. Not looking forward to the drive to work tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom