It's snowing

The snow in hull is now a joke due to the complete lack of gritting services on roads. A double decker bus crashed outside our house, nearly parking itself in our front garden and we've had to go out numerous times this afternoon and night to help stranded motorists who either can't get into the street or past it. A few of us tried clearing the top of the street for morning but quickly realised it was futile due to the conditions. Theres literally 6 inches of solid ice on the road and just over a foot of soft snow laying ontop of that + the footpaths etc.

My sister is a PCSO and currently on holiday but telephoned the gritting services to find out if they can grit along at least the bus route and they said they wont do it as its not a busy route lol.

Sad thing is its only going to get worse!

Been constantly snowing since 8am Tuesday here in Hornchurch. It started melting earlier in the morning, but its now a good 6-8inches deep in untouched areas. A127, A128 and A13 almost shut at points, Minor roads are no go areas, and the Dartford crossing seems closed. Lorries all parked up on the hardshoulder etc.

I feel sorry for professional drivers in this weather. I just took a detour on the way home to see what its like, and if anything its worse within the M25.

Still life must go on.

The drive between Newcastle and Sheffield was interesting this evening

I really wouldn't drive between Leeds and Sheffield for a while

Down to one lane each way and very very snowy - quite dangerous

Heavy snow has been on for the past hour here just outside Dundee.

Another day off work tomorrow I guess :D (before anyone starts, my office closed even though I could have easily made it in :p )

It's amazing how I can go from loving snow as a kid to absolutely hating it now, I'm sitting in my room absolutely freezing, my heater is doing jack ****.

Back
Top Bottom