It's snowing

Lots of snow in London then. We got more snow in Bath again (not forecast). Need to get to london tomorrow via train - any chance of that happening? How bad is it there?

Anyone know if there's any snow in St Albans today?

I doubt it mate, I'm in Hatfield just up the road and there was just a very fine dusting this morning.

Have just over an inch and a half over in Rickmansworth. Enough for me to start slipping over when scraping it off the car this morning. Had some very light snow/rain at about 8:30.

Nothing to scream about but enough to make me take extra care on the roads.

Hertfordshire seems to just get the odd bit here and there for some reason.

Still snowing hard near nottingham here, no let up but the main roads are clearer today. maybe some of my parcels may turn up?

Not looking forward to going shopping for food tomorrow...

Lots of snow in London then. We got more snow in Bath again (not forecast). Need to get to london tomorrow via train - any chance of that happening? How bad is it there?

I think you have a chance, the snow in the centre of London isn't that bad from what I hear. It's south and east of London that's particularly badly affected, so coming in from the west it shouldn't be so bad provided there's no overnight snow.

Ah you're one of those who cant do lunches? :( I'd just leave to be honest :p...Depending on whats going on obv, everyones entitled to a lunch

Oh I eat (pretty much all day! :D) - I just don't have a "lunch break". Thing is I'm regionally based so just get on with my work when I get to a site and eat as and when I want to. It's not too bad really - I normally carry a lot of food with me so I'm covered! ;)

I'm not talking about cars, I'm specifically referring to things like gritters running low, etc. Surely they'd prepare before the snow so that they have enough?

Gritting doesn't really help with snow, it's main use is as an anti-freeze for stopping ice forming on roads. For heavy snow fall like we've had we really need ploughs but there simply aren't enough in this country.

Brighton has had about a foot of snow, most of the city is closed, my car was stuck fast so I had to walk to work!

E46dR.jpg

It's been snowing non-stop since about 6pm last night, it's much lighter now but it's still going!

Last edited:
Some irate woman rang Heart to report the fact a gritter truck was sitting in McDonalds Canterbury waiting to purchase food whilst many are trying to get to work. She sounded well miffed lol

These chaps have been sat outside there for the past half hour having lunch and reading the paper. To be fair, they've been on the go all morning and it's the third or fourth time they've been past my place. The large sandy mound in the background is the depot store of grit. It was twice the size two days ago.

9Os3i.jpg.png

photomih.jpg

It's still going as well, more's started coming down.

Been sent home,im working at Dartmoor prison at the moment and snow is really bad so the whole road for miles has been closed.

My kind boss has also informed us we wont be getting paid for today:mad: and possibly tomorrow if snow is still bad on the moor

A lot of my work mates including me are very very unhappy,the boss is so tight you wouldn't believe:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom