It's snowing

Been sent home,im working at Dartmoor prison at the moment and snow is really bad so the whole road for miles has been closed.

My kind boss has also informed us we wont be getting paid for today:mad: and possibly tomorrow if snow is still bad on the moor

A lot of my work mates are very very unhappy,the boss is so tight you wouldn't believe:rolleyes:

Thats pretty crap, i take it you are paid by the hour / day?

Thats pretty crap, i take it you are paid by the hour / day?

yes paid per hour per day

Whats annoying i didnt get back home till 9.30 so we all made the effort to go to work

Are jobs are very much on the line at the moment anyway as work is very scarce,wil be a 3day a week soon probably or worse

Last edited:
Bath got about an inch or two last night up on the hills, and even settled down in the city centre.

My road I managed to get down, but no-one could get up when I left. Made it to Bristol fine, a few of the roads had slush in the middle (and there's some unpassable residential roads) but the main ones are fine. I got into Bristol and they didn't get any at all last night!

Motorway journey home last night, joined the middle lane owners club. Single line of traffic, 30mph.

P011210_23.56_2.jpg

Godalming has had some pretty epic snow over night, and it's still going. I imagine it's quite bad in Guildford, too, as the colleges are closed due to the snow "making operation of the sites unsafe". I haven't been out on my reconnaissance yet, but from looking out my bedroom window at neighbouring houses and the table and chairs below, it looks like it's a good few inches to a foot deep.

A fair amount in Kent, shame there is more in East Sussex lol.

Where in East Sussex are you?

I'm on the West Kent/East Sussex border, we've got about a foot here I think, haven't measured it yet. I've never seen it this deep here, ever.
Last night we drove to the Ashdown Forest and then onto Uckfield towing loads of cars out, it was pretty bad on the forest even at 9pm last night, so god knows what it looks like now!

Back
Top Bottom