It's snowing

[TW]Fox;17918517 said:
Are you stood on the track there or beside it? A word of advice if you plan to go again - that line is electrified to 750v DC using a third rail which could be either side of the track. The rail is still live - if you stood on it, you'd not be here now.

Even when it appears safe, please please please don't tresspass on the railway, if only for your own sake.

So it's unguarded and unprotected? Or is it only because it's wet?

/basic railwayline electrics n00b

Just been told by work that despite the fact there was no possible way to get in for the last two days they're going to be docking me two days pay. Strange as my firm isnt usually like that. Damn snow.

Not really surprising that all the "whoop whoops its snowing I get a day off yay" are now beginning to fade away as people realize that they may not get paid. (Not directed to you rids) but it might be worthwhile having a look here http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8421373.stm.

Its a real minefield tbh. I live about 20 or so miles away from my place of work and managed to get into work today but all of my staff bar one didnt.. some only live a few miles away. I personally won't be docking anyone's pay but I truly believe that one or two have been taking the pi$$. It might be worth asking your firm if they would consider taking holidays off you if you would prefer this to losing pay but one thing you employer must do is be consistent with everybody so make sure they are.

I would guess that your employer suspects that several of its employees have been swinging the lead here and unfortunately everyone has to suffer for it.

So it's unguarded and unprotected? Or is it only because it's wet?

/basic railwayline electrics n00b

its totally unguarded. How else would the train pick it up? I know how you got onto the line as ive been there myself, however i would have never risked going off the path over the tracks (where the electrified rail stops a few meters short of).

IMG_7195_small.jpg

rough picture of where you are standing? Those rails to the left of the running rails are extremely dangerous. I reckon they would have been off if the line was closed, but i wouldn't chance it!

edit just realised it wasnt you (RKO) but Andrew McP. Anyway, I recon that snowy picture is taken roughly from where the signal is in that photo?

Last edited:
its totally unguarded. How else would the train pick it up? I know how you got onto the line as ive been there myself, however i would have never risked going off the path over the tracks (where the electrified rail stops a few meters short of).

Just discovered it only affects you if you put your feet over two at the same time to complete circuit.

Brain has frozen today. :p

Back
Top Bottom