It's snowing

wishw e had snow this deep, well, considering Redcar is near the coast, my street had almost 7 inches of snow and we are just over 1 mile from the sea, the worst snow ive seen :)

supposed to be taking the missus out on her B'day Monday, certainly no chance in my car, she has a 4WD Audi TT so if it packs down and I can dig the drive out ( again ) we may have some chance

supposed to be taking the missus out on her B'day Monday, certainly no chance in my car, she has a 4WD Audi TT so if it packs down and I can dig the drive out ( again ) we may have some chance

haha good luck :) if its compact snow, and then ice at the bottom, you will have a hard job, if not, your buggered :( takeaway? :) even then they cant deliver it to you :P

DSC_42562.jpg

Need moar snow :mad:

Last edited:
-3.3 here and dropping (http://www.southshields-weather.co.uk/Today's_weather.htm) excellent site. Bloke has his own weather station!

Loojs like this weather system is currently fizzling out. We got another inch or 2 this evening.

I have my own weather station too.

It is on the top of my house, linked via RF to the home server and ftps my website automatically :-) I am right on the edge of the South Coast and the sea is just down the road.

Here are the guages,

http://www.pinter75.com/weather/gauges.htm

Here are the current trends

http://www.pinter75.com/weather/trends.htm

[TW]Fox;17919788 said:
It's completely unprotected yes - generally because it's fenced off from the public.

Here is what it looks like:

The rail on the outside of the track is called the 'third rail'. Sometimes its outside of the track, sometimes its on the inside between the two tracks. Usually its on the outside. This carries 750v DC which is picked up by and powers the trains. It is live all the time and touching it can prove fatal. It's extremely dangerous.

I'm trying not to be holier than thou here as I'm pretty sure many people dont realise and it must be really tempting to pop out onto what looks like a deserted railway line for some unique pictures but it could be lethal.

Please be careful guys, stay away from the track!

Thanks for that, I don't believe I've ever seen (or maybe just never noticed) a 3rd rail on any train lines back home.

Ignore my other posts on the topic, I'm quite embarrassed. :p

[TW]Fox;17918517 said:
Even when it appears safe, please please please don't tresspass on the railway, if only for your own sake.

It's ok, I is all growed up & stuff, and had my anti-static wristband on, just in case. ;-)

The photo was taken from beside the track, but the whole track is protected at that spot by a wide wooden walkway. It's part of an old public path across farm land, but at no point did I forget there was a chance of putting a foot onto a rail. I wasn't sure whether the live would be connected under the conditions, but I had no intention of finding out.

But thanks for the reminder. It's always good to remember that a full cross section of the UK public (both in terms of age and maturity) hangs around here, and I should have put a warning in my post.

Andrew McP

No more snow in the Coulsdon area last night, just very cold so there was a bit more ice around. Including a thin film on the inside of all my car windows (hurrah for no heater).

made it in to work fine and it was actually a shorter journey than normal. Just a constant 25-30 all the way up the A23.

Back
Top Bottom