It's snowing

Anyone in the wirral area will know what's just happened.

One minute, no snow. 5 mins later, bloody lapland.

As of 30 mins ago

I was working in Liverpool today and the M58 was completely covered in snow, it had turned into a one lane road with everyone doing 30mph. Must have been 3" deep.

Got back to where I live and there is nothing. We usually get it much worse here.

Interesting journey home - 5 hours to do 20 miles thanks to a whole centimetre of snow. The problem was that a twisty, hilly stretch of the A24 hadn't been gritted and so was like glass. I was sliding across the camber of the road in first gear, no throttle :eek: In a way, thank goodness it was a traffic jam otherwise there would have been a serious accident as people, myself included drive way too fast down that road. Got home an hour ago, had some tea and a deserved stiff drink!

Been snowing hard last hour or so in Manchester, still snowing but flakes are not so big now.

3 inches in just over an hour.

Wigan pretty bad now can't get to work, no gritters anywere near me :(

oh aye lad, 6pm it was fine in 4 hours had 3 inch, just rung in work, no way am I going to Preston at 5am in this, cant even get off estate.

[TW]Fox;18025571 said:
Gritters are like magic lorries, everything is all ok if there is one of those. Without one life stops.

Aye, went to main road, nothing, just a track that has been made by cars, but I did put some grit on path about 5/6 and it was ok for a few hours but the snow just ended up killing it.

About freaking time - been snowing in Blackpool for the last 30 mins:-

68207_1789559937544_1195973078_3831486_8252287_n.jpg

Just drove home in the snow, loved it, nobody on the roads but me.

Hate when you get a bit of snow and all the people who can't drive don't make it out of first gear

It only started snowing here around 5pm and about 5 inches already

I give myself a little bit of credit as while I'll totally admit to being quite poor (or not experienced with driving around in deep snow) when trying to get the damn thing moving at the start, there was many people I passed just clearly had given up (hazards on and pulled over) and planned on getting someone to rescue them. :D

Just drove home in the snow, loved it, nobody on the roads but me.

Hate when you get a bit of snow and all the people who can't drive don't make it out of first gear

It only started snowing here around 5pm and about 5 inches already

I love it when the roads are empty, the handbrake gets a damned good workout. :D

weve had between 3 and 8 inches of snow in the caernarfon/bangor area today, been a mental day at work with all the vehicles grounded and 1 4x4 dragged in to do work and get the morning crew home and night crew in..go away snow! haha

ffs, took me 5 hours to get home today in what is normally a 45 min journey. The roads were icy, but not covered in snow but most of the trip was a carpark, but I found no real reason for it.

The irony for me is, I'm suppose to be off this weekend, but because I live within walking distance from work, I'll probably have to go in. Well....Should... family business and all that.

Wife is having fun with cretins at work (she's a takeaway driver). If they're ordering a takeaway because they can't go out, how exactly do they expect her to be able to get to them, fly?

This is just gay.

We had an icing-sagar dusting last night, and then about half an hour of proper snow this morning. Nothing since then.

So in total, 1cm.

Yet again, Bath gets royally screwed snow wise :(.

Back
Top Bottom