It's snowing

Cleaned the path in the drive twice, sacked it off after about 9pm, its about 2 inch deep now, put down about 2 kilo of grit salt at 6pm when it was like 1cm deep and its buried under the snow lol

This is epic

I live in a small street and i am the only one with a car, so i've had to go out twice already, and brush 5 inch of snow each time, off the whole road.

I couldn't move my car for days last time it snowed, so I guess i'll have to keep brushing all night. :D

At least you're taking personal responsibility rather than expect it all to be done for you then moan when you can't get to work,etc

Cleaned the path in the drive twice, sacked it off after about 9pm, its about 2 inch deep now, but down about 2 kilo of grit salt at 6pm and its buried under the snow lol

This is epic

My area of Manc still hasn't had anything near 6 inches of snow, its more like 3 inches or so. It's still coming down though...

[TW]Fox;18025967 said:
I wonder who knows more about road maintenance.

You, or the person who sent the gritter out.

ANSWERS ON A POSTCARD GUYS

Snottagram or what?!!?!

With 3 inches or so on the road and temperatures around -5, salt really has diminishing influence in these conditions.

Best you give them a call and offer your services as you clearly know better. Many gritters can also be used as snowploughs, for example.

[TW]Fox;18025967 said:
I wonder who knows more about road maintenance.

You, or the person who sent the gritter out.

ANSWERS ON A POSTCARD GUYS

Can i have your home address so i can post it to you ;) ,also when are you most likely to be out, and are there any good presents under the tree.

5.5 from the ground
P1010944Large.jpg

Car stuck in drive, you can see the snow I moved away from the path next to the car and the fresh snow in its place
P1010948Large.jpg

About 1 foot that on patio table
P1010943Large.jpg

P1010945Large.jpg

4 bins all snowed up
P1010946Large.jpg

Nice

Last edited:
Still snowing eek

Like I said I out decent grade grit salt down and it was useless after 2 hours of constant snow, you need to keep moving it and griting, you would need one lorry clearing a mile stretch constantly back and forth to keep it snow free, aint going to happen on 10s of miles of main roads in a town.

Can't belive the mentallity of my workplace risking somebody else's life and car just to come pick me up, when i said on the phone the snow bad this way & suprise suprise they didn't get here.

Back
Top Bottom