It's snowing

Got an assload of snow in Atherton, just round the corner from cheets. Still coming down. Supposed to be going into Manchester on the train tomorrow to see the Christmas markets... Not sure that'll happen.

Well Just watched the sky weather and apparently no snow for us tomorrow, yet there are at least two weather forecasts still stating we'll get loads... :(

Bet we don't... Again...

Pretty decent here in Southport...

sany0051y.jpg

sany0050o.jpg

Going out in a bit to make a snow man :D

it snowed in southport half the day, like more than 6 inches in places, a load of chavs snowballed me on the way home from work(not the sexy snowballing from clerks)

last year i saw a similar size snowball but it was at the top of lord street with a huge poo stuck on the side......lol snowpoo.

That's disgusting :(

Last year I had a MASSIVE snow fight with about 8 people on the way to ASDA. In the morning when I woke my whole body hurt, I had been throwing that many snow balls :D

And the Polish people living in my building built this giant 9FT snow man. Was pretty cool

Just been for a walk, couldn't walk on the path, had to go into the road where the snow is compact, terrible conditions, nothing will be getting done tomorrow, main roads are bad, saw a lot of people out at this time, idiots, no traction, so dangerous, cant drive more than 10mph now

Back garden is now showing 10 inch, not seen that since the 90s

We would need 10s of snow trucks on the streets working every hour to get it clear, we cant afford that sort of kit, country is going to be at a standstill till Monday

Just been for a walk, couldn't walk on the path, had to go into the road where the snow is compact, terrible conditions, nothing will be getting done tomorrow, main roads are bad, saw a lot of people out at this time, idiots, no traction, so dangerous, cant drive more than 10mph now

We would need 10s of snow trucks on the streets working every hour to get it clear, we cant afford that sort of kit, country is going to be at a standstill till Monday

Sounds like what Sheffield had a couple of weeks ago. Enjoy:D

Quite a bit over here, all three airports are closed. My wee brother, who i havent seen in 18 months got into heathrow tonight (from tel aviv), he has to get a connecting flight tomorrow to belfast international. Spoke to him on the phone earlier, doesnt sound promising tbh.:(

Well Wigan anyway, large portions of the country don't look like they will be getting much more than an inch or so (if that)...

Quite a bit over here, all three airports are closed. My wee brother, who i havent seen in 18 months got into heathrow tonight (from tel aviv), he has to get a connecting flight tomorrow to belfast international. Spoke to him on the phone earlier, doesnt sound promising tbh.:(

If his flight is before 10am he might get out of Heathrow. After 10, the weather is predicted to eventually deteriorate to the point where the airport might be closed.

I'm so glad Hull hasn't had anymore snow in a quantity large enough to lay and cause problems again. Its been 2 weeks of hell trying to get to and from places, especially by foot as the paths are still absolute deathtraps in some places. It took the council here 8 days to clear the roads where I live, which is right next to an extremely busy retail park and then never gritted it.

Myself and our neighbours had to help dig each others driveways out whilst also creating tracks at the top of the street to allow the cars to get in and out of it safely. Don't want to have to be doing that again for a long time to be fair.

Back
Top Bottom