It's snowing

[TW]Fox;18047122 said:
It's also irrelevent as Helinski is a little international airport with 3 runways, and Heathrow is the worlds largest airport by international passenger numbers and has only 2 runways.

There are often runway closures at Helsinki but they make no difference because it does not run at 98% capacity like Heathrow does.

Well yes, which is mentioned in the article. It just highlights the ultimate failure of both the English attempts to keep the airport open and how ridiculous it is to have only 2 runways in 1 of the worlds busiest airports which can barely cope in the best of conditions, never mind when delays are almost inevitable.

Well yes, which is mentioned in the article. It just highlights the ultimate failure of both the English attempts to keep the airport open and how ridiculous it is to have only 2 runways in 1 of the worlds busiest airports which can barely cope in the best of conditions, never mind when delays are almost inevitable.

They have been trying for YEARS to build more Runways, but the Eco-muppets won that fight.

This statement baffles me, Im in herts and we had about 6" over the weekend and most of its still around. :D

Hehe :D

The snow was pretty bad on Saturday - that I couldn't make it to the Work Dinner - by the time Monday came around, there was slush on the few side roads I use in the morning, but still driveable at slow speeds.

I work in Kings Langley, very close to the M1 & M25 & A414 and although it has been trying to snow, thankfully it's not been so heavy and constant to cause problems!

In fact, I seem to be getting more snow in Luton where I live rather than in Kings Langley, where I work!

Plymouth Hoe was glorious today. We're expecting sunny weather for the rest of the week :)

http://www.uvarvu.com/misc/hoe1.JPG[IMG]

[IMG]http://www.uvarvu.com/misc/hoe2.JPG[IMG][/QUOTE]

And then it snowed this morning :D

Only a bit, just enough to turn the cleared pavements white again.

We seem to only ever get maximum of about 6 hours worth here in Lancs, then it buggers off and is sunny, albeit -7 every day so snow still here, but another 5 inch would be nice on Christmas day :)

Grrrr! Not happy. Just realised that some prat has crashed into my less than a month old bumper and smashed the reflector light to bits. I've only had the car back 4 weeks after having it repaired when someone drove into me in a traffic jam. :(

On a more positive note, I now do not have to go to work until next year!

Had a right old job getting into my garage, some of the snow had compacted, so after two attempts and some hard sweeping, I managed to get my Car inside.

Hopefully it will have melted off by tomorrow!

It's been disappointing here in Stoke, over the last two years we've had very little compared to most places.

I live on a hill and it's usually good fun watching all the vehicles struggling to get up it but this hasn't happened now for several years.

Back
Top Bottom