It's snowing

Had fun this morning. Took me 30 minutes to get my car out of the car park at home. Compacted snow and ice meant instead of moving forward I was sliding left and right, one of my neighbours tried to help but still no luck. Ended up using a piece of dexion racking to dig my wheels out :( I then got stuck on another hill just outside the car park which took me 5 attempts to get up it :(

Don't know how much snow fell in Aberdeen City Centre last night, but the car was absolutely covered in the stuff this morning (none on it last night). Was interesting watching the other vehicles get themselves stuck in the car park also...

Hoping it stays sensible so I can get back to the parents tomorrow evening. After that, it can do what it likes. :D

One thing that is annoying me now... The number of company vans who are getting stuck. It would surely make sense for them to shell out a bit of cash for appropriate tyres? Plenty of van drivers just seem to be having their time wasted, continuously digging themselves out of the smallest amount of snow.

The snow killed my car battery today. Could have done without the expense of a new one this close to Christmas. :mad:

Ouchies :(

I got my bike battery in a blanket under the carport, would have kept it inside but for some odd reason, one of the dog's kept trying to chew it...

ags

One of my neighbors took it upon himself to grit the paths and clear a load of the snow while I was out at the shops. When I came back I was so angry that he'd done it I could have thrown my skis at him :p

We had another three inches or so last night which wouldn't be a such problem if the council hadn't decided to cut down on the amount of grit it's using. Now even the main routes through town aren't properly gritted :mad:

Just be thankful you have enough snow to use skis in! I was contemplating taking a pair of blades* out for some fun but don't particcilarly want to destroy the edges and bases in the 2 inches we hand here. :(

*Not going to lug a full sized set of skis around! :p

One of my neighbors took it upon himself to grit the paths and clear a load of the snow while I was out at the shops. When I came back I was so angry that he'd done it I could have thrown my skis at him :p

We had another three inches or so last night which wouldn't be a such problem if the council hadn't decided to cut down on the amount of grit it's using. Now even the main routes through town aren't properly gritted :mad:

The neighbours here have been great at gritting the hill :cool:.

Well apart from the one miserable bloke who's used the grit-bin grit for clearing his own driveway.... and hasn't been seen once out clearing the hill :rolleyes:. Whereas the others have been out in the cold clearing the hill, and then buying grit for their driveway from Travis Perkins.

Don't know how much snow fell in Aberdeen City Centre last night, but the car was absolutely covered in the stuff this morning (none on it last night). Was interesting watching the other vehicles get themselves stuck in the car park also...

Hoping it stays sensible so I can get back to the parents tomorrow evening. After that, it can do what it likes. :D

One thing that is annoying me now... The number of company vans who are getting stuck. It would surely make sense for them to shell out a bit of cash for appropriate tyres? Plenty of van drivers just seem to be having their time wasted, continuously digging themselves out of the smallest amount of snow.

It's beginning to become a joke now, my road is not passable at all. I've been walking 3 miles to work everyday, all of the paths are in such a state, I really feel for the older people. Garthdee is falling apart to be honest.

[TW]Fox;18053992 said:
They have been trying for YEARS to build more Runways, but the Eco-muppets won that fight.

Indeed... its likely the vast majority of the eco muppets were just jumping on the bandwagon too.

Anyone know anyone stuck in Charles de Gaulle airport?

Sky News reporting ~2,000 have been evacuated from one of the terminals because of the build up of snow of the roof. :eek:

pedo bear is coming well a cloud form that looks like him
94747817.jpg

Back
Top Bottom