It's snowing

past my ankles, no roads are gritted, just seen loads of cars try and move, they're going no where.

42979510151248845880164.jpg

Needless to say some of the tubes and buses decide a little bit of snow was just too much for them last night. A two mile walk home in the fallling snow at midnight isn't much fun.

Where were you ?

I should have got out there and done a bit of illegal cabbing for £50 a mile :D

I’d have paid you half that for the ride home. We were on the way back from Hammersmith and then it all stopped. I tried a couple of our minicab firms but all their drivers had packed it in for the night. Still we were warmly dressed so the trudge home wasn’t too bad.

Was stuck in Acton Town for almost 2 hours last night after the tubes were cancelled waiting for my silly brother to pick us up. He got lost. What would usually be a 15 minute journey (though I doubled the eta last night due to the snow) took him an hour and a half to make. Finally got picked up and I navigated and it took us 25 mins to get home from there.

London does not know what to do when it snows. It's pathetic. Watching national servies running around like headless chickens is only funny for a short amount of time. And the public aren't any better. Had a night of entertainment watching drivers skidding about, putting their foot down and stopping in the middle of the road to watch stuff. God awful and funny at the same time was watching a tfl van spend 40 minutes trying to get up a slight incline with a roundabout. People tried to help by pushing it. It stopped in the middle of the roundabout and a circus show lorries, gritting van, cars and mopeds turned up at that exact moment. An ambulance would have completed the whole comeddy scene.

But the funniest was watching girls freezing their legs off becuase they forgot it would be snowing so wear skimpy outfits with thights (only saw one bare legs my whole night).

England does not know how to hanndle weather.

I’d have paid you half that for the ride home. We were on the way back from Hammersmith and then it all stopped. I tried a couple of our minicab firms but all their drivers had packed it in for the night. Still we were warmly dressed so the trudge home wasn’t too bad.

Yeah it's not my thing exploiting people but I'm sure a lot of cabbies made a killing last night :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom