It's snowing

Rats. I foresee a whole 12-hour shift tomorrow de-icing platforms :(
I was right :(

Came in at 6 this morning to find there had been no night shift, so six inches of snow on both platforms.

3 hours of shovelling snow later and I'm knackered. It's at times like this that you find out just how unfit you really are.

we've got a good 1ft n half here :)... (essex, Colchester).

I had to drive home last night from chelmsford to colchester on the A12, I Left chelmsford at 1am this morning and i got home about 3am, Doing 25mph all the way (lol) with sliding a little bit as well.

It's days like this that make me wonder why I pay £2k+ a year for season tickets. All the trains were up the creek this morning, and having left early for work I was still 90mins late. I'm hoping it clears up a bit as I don't want it to be a faff getting home later. My usual route was completely up the pooper this morning so had to take a huge detour... just thankful the Tube lines I needed weren't too delayed and the DLR was working again by the time I got to my stop.

A friend got a train back last night from London Bridge (where I get in/out of London) which decided to die in the middle of nowhere and they were told they'd have to sit with no heating/light for 4+ hours before they could be evacuated. SouthEasternnnnn *rage face*.

The snow drifts we've had overnight have turned my dads Accord into some sort of coupe model.

396244_292520967478133_100001606967695_852771_1483798606_n.jpg

Took me 4 hours to get home from Stratford to Purley last night. Jubilee line closed completely. My poor girlfriend was stuck in Greenwich and I at West Ham...only 2 stops between us. Couldn't get a bus or taxi to take me anywhere near her. Jumped in to a randoms taxi and got to Canada Water then had to walk to London Bridge. London Bridge had 1 train going to West Croydon, got on that but took 2 hours to go the 25 minute ride, snow wasn't even that bad. Then no buses running through Croydon that would take me to Purley so had to walk down Brighton Rd practically all the way there until a bus stopped, which saved me all of another 5 minutes off my journey.

London is a total disaster in the snow. Luckily my g/f was with friends and a car so she is staying with them but I don't know how she'll get back here today. Purley is a white out.

Took me 4 hours to get home from Stratford to Purley last night. Jubilee line closed completely. My poor girlfriend was stuck in Greenwich and I at West Ham...only 2 stops between us. Couldn't get a bus or taxi to take me anywhere near her. Jumped in to a randoms taxi and got to Canada Water then had to walk to London Bridge. London Bridge had 1 train going to West Croydon, got on that but took 2 hours to go the 25 minute ride, snow wasn't even that bad. Then no buses running through Croydon that would take me to Purley so had to walk down Brighton Rd practically all the way there until a bus stopped, which saved me all of another 5 minutes off my journey.

London is a total disaster in the snow. Luckily my g/f was with friends and a car so she is staying with them but I don't know how she'll get back here today. Purley is a white out.
Yup, the Underground always struggles with the first snowfall. I think management just don't trust weather reports or something.

Once it's down, however, we cope pretty well. Most of the delays this morning were due to train drivers struggling to get to work rather than the usual points/signal failures - although we did have a few.

There seem to be lots of complaints by people stuck or delayed. Fair enough if you were in a situation where you had to travel, but it's not like this was unexpected, everybody knew there was snow coming yesterday evening.

There seem to be lots of complaints by people stuck or delayed. Fair enough if you were in a situation where you had to travel, but it's not like this was unexpected, everybody knew there was snow coming yesterday evening.

And everyone knows we are the only country in Europe who can't cope with extreme weather...like snow...wind...rain. :rolleyes:

I was soo looking forward to taking the kids sledging today. It snowed for an hour yesterday before turning into rain, so no snow for us in Carlisle.

Has anyone dared to venture down the M1 today at all? I'm meant to be heading down there for work...which will involve the tube as well, an don't really fancy venturing into the wild if it's a pointless and stressful venture when I can be sat at home gaming =]

Yeah I figured that =[ I'd need to get down to Finsbury Park, where supposedly is isn't too bad, again though it means negotiating the tubes tomorrow and sounds like there were some pretty difficult journeys home last night!

Back
Top Bottom