It's snowing

Not a slither in South Wales.

Which is unusual, however we are always the last place to seem to get it, however when we do, it becomes chaos.

been told from Parents that there has been snow in Bridlington & Scarborough. Forecasted for snow in the night over North Somerset, but we'll see how it looks in the morning... :rolleyes:

Other countries must laugh at us when we get a few mm of snow :p

A guy I was speaking to earlier was moaning that the buses from where he lives were delayed for 45 minutes because they had to wait for a road to be cleared, the ones on my side of the city were running fine. This is the view from my window;
http://i50.tinypic.com/fck9c3.jpg

I parked my car (well, ok, abandoned in a snow drift) there just after lunch & that's about 2 inches on it. Warmest its been all week now the wind-chill isn't as bad as it was this afternoon though, its only -4. It was -20 on Monday night.

Started snowing this morning in Surrey at about 7.30am (Godalming area), but it stopped an hour later despite falling at a mild intensity. By lunch time the sky was pretty clear and all the snow from the morning had melted. Hopefully we'll get a proper covering in the coming days (not sure what the forecast is down here, though).

I'm in Stockholm at the moment (working :( ) and you'd have thought that they would cope with a bit of snow - between 6'' and 18'' has fallen today.

Whilst the cars have been getting around generally OK (winter tyres all round), Arlanda airport has been pretty much shut down, and most flights cancelled. A work colleague has been at the airport for 9 hours now trying to get a flight home, and will probably end up sleeping on a seat at the airport as there are no hotels available near the airport now...

It's not the snow though it's the ice and the countries that get a lot of snow generally dont get the warmer tempratures in the daytime melting the snow and the cold nights freezing it

They also get deeply compacted snow thats not exactly slippy even in a car

Back
Top Bottom