It's snowing

It's not the snow though it's the ice and the countries that get a lot of snow generally dont get the warmer tempratures in the daytime melting the snow and the cold nights freezing it

They also get deeply compacted snow thats not exactly slippy even in a car

No, most other countries use winter tyres so they can drive over the compacted snow and ice with a bit of grip...

Ah crap Ive got a mad weekend in Newcastle planned tomorrow.

My Mam says the snow is melting a bit up there. Forecast is meant to be a little warmer over weekend yeah? I hope so cos I cant stand snow :(

A little snow fallen here but its like a sheet of ice on our road. Just managed to get our work van stuck, but luckily it was on my street :D.

No, most other countries use winter tyres so they can drive over the compacted snow and ice with a bit of grip...

Have you ever been to somewhere like norway/iceland where theres pretty much snow all year around in parts ? the snow isnt the same as the glazed over icy crap we get

Was snowing in manchester a little today, started out nice, then turned to sleet, then into a thick goopy rain quite quickly.

Suit = ruined.

Regarding winter tires, I have been using them for 4 winters now on my 1 series BMW. They work amazingly well and take me places 4x4s with standard tires can't handle. The tires work perfectly with the sort of snow/ice we have and i think it should be compulsory for cars to use them in bad conditions. I changed to my winter wheels/tires last week and the grip i now have is so much better even in dry cold conditions.

We have had some sleet this morning down in Epsom but no snow :-(

Regarding winter tires, I have been using them for 4 winters now on my 1 series BMW. They work amazingly well and take me places 4x4s with standard tires can't handle. The tires work perfectly with the sort of snow/ice we have and i think it should be compulsory for cars to use them in bad conditions. I changed to my winter wheels/tires last week and the grip i now have is so much better even in dry cold conditions.

We have had some sleet this morning down in Epsom but no snow :-(

Yeah because everyone has the money lying around required for an additional set of wheels with winter tyres on :rolleyes:

Yeah because everyone has the money lying around required for an additional set of wheels with winter tyres on :rolleyes:

The cost would only really be of a second hand set of wheels so what £50-£100? Or a garage to change them over twice a year £20 each time. You would normally be using ur other tires so having another set just means using them instead of wearing down ur summer tires during that period and probably ruining them wheel spinning etc. No real cost involved if you think about it and the roads would be a lot safer :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom