Poll: It's that time again....

What car should MikeHiow

• Total voters

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
[TW]Fox;21698861 said:
RX8. You've spent so long banging on about them as if they are the second coming, so its time to put your money where your mouth is :p

Pretty much what I was going to say.

You clearly want one, so do it. If you don't like it or it starts costing more than you're comfortable with just get rid and get something else.

Soldato
Yep, MikeHiow is looking at cars.

More a case of change in circumstances than anything else, but I really fancy a change anyway.

What I love about the Clio is just how chuckable it is, it is ridiculously fun to throw around.

I hate driving 98% of the rest of the time, though - it's noisy, hard, twitchy and generally hard work compared to say something like my ST was.

I don't want to spend a lot of money making the change, so I'm going to set my target budget at around £3k, but I can move around on that for the right car.

I need a car that is more comfortable and easier to make good but lazy progress. I don't want to sacrifice having something fun with genuinely good handling though.

Shortlist:

Accord Type-R covers more of the fun side
Mondeo ST220 covers more of the comfortable side
A3 3.2 V6 probably sits somewhere in the middle
RX8 doesn't cover as much of the comfortable side as I like, and is going to cost a lot more to run. I've wanted one so badly for years though, so does have raw appeal on it's side.

Essentially, I'm just looking for some objective thoughts on the shortlist.

The driving experience of the Accord Type-R and RX8 will be similar to that of the Clio i.e. ring its neck due to lack of torque.

Surely you want a turbo or a big lump, like the A3 you mentioned?

3k could get:
mk2 MR2 turbo
EP3 Type R (similar driving style to Clio)
E36 M3
Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo

Perhaps a Pagoni Zonda.

Back
Top Bottom