It's too hot :(

Associate
Moved to a temp apartment yesterday. Woke up and the room temp was 28. It's been 28-29 all day. :( I'm melting.

I left the cooling fan with my parents as they're looking after my doggo for a couple of weeks.

Soldato
People pay hundreds even thousands of £'s to go away for a week, 2 weeks or even a month of constant weather like we've had for the past 2 months, soon as we get it in our country everybody is moaning how it's too hot

What a silly thing to say. Most of the places that people pay hundreds/thousands to go to experience this kind of weather either have proper A/C in every building or have adopted a lifestyle where very little is done in the afternoon when it is hottest. We have neither of those things, of course people are going to complain it's too hot.

Man of Honour
What a silly thing to say. Most of the places that people pay hundreds/thousands to go to experience this kind of weather either have proper A/C in every building or have adopted a lifestyle where very little is done in the afternoon when it is hottest. We have neither of those things, of course people are going to complain it's too hot.

We also have to work in it when at home. Countries that get this weather are equipped for it. Their plants can deal with drought, they have ac in all buildings and don’t go out in it in the hottest countries. The best we have is a dodgy fan and a window that we can open.

Man of Honour
Every bit of grass I've seen recently is a lovely shade of dead-brown.

Last 48 hours I've felt drained to hell.

Yeah - first time its really hit me today - woke up and just feeling completely out of it due to the heat. Our lawn is going pretty yellow but the verges to work are completely dead brown - I don't recall seeing it this bad - at the very least not in the last 15 years.

Soldato
Spent a couple of nights in Wales this weekend... I nearly packed my A/C to take with me. It's about 6 or 7°C cooler there than in London, but still had a few restless hours last night. Glad to be back with A/C now :)

Back
Top Bottom