It's too hot :(

They can’t rely on a forecast, the rain forecasts lately have had the accuracy of a Stevie Wonder V Ray Charles darts match.

We had rain all day yesterday, we also had torrential rain the other night

Seems they're a little slow in introducing the ban as it was only a few weeks ago they were claiming the reservoirs were fine and their issue was with flow rate as opposed to actual supply

75% full 2 weeks ago - https://twitter.com/cjssydney/status/1019096535093694464

In Southampton here, literally cannot remember when we last had rain. We've just moved into a new build so needing to water the garden every night, hoping they do not impose a hosepipe ban any time soon!

Seeing those pics of dried up rivers on the news I wonder how long it would take for the UK to go fully dry.

Say we had a full summer of no rain, how long could supplies last.

If i get one more person say being a postman in this weather must be great i'm going to lose it, its been awful some days and have really felt it at end of a 4 hour delivery. Have have some cracking tan lines now as well, my legs are brown from the ankle to the knee but white feet and upper legs. Same for the arms and a nice v neck sun tan to go with my pale torso.

If i get one more person say being a postman in this weather must be great i'm going to lose it, its been awful some days and have really felt it at end of a 4 hour delivery. Have have some cracking tan lines now as well, my legs are brown from the ankle to the knee but white feet and upper legs. Same for the arms and a nice v neck sun tan to go with my pale torso.

I think I'd literally die if I had to be a postman in the recent weather - I burn waaay too easily and its been too warm to cover up properly.

It is one upside to having to do a lot of night shifts lately as when I am working outdoors it is under flood lights not burning sun :s

You lucky people getting rain, I can't even remember what it looks like anymore!
Yeah it's been about 2 months of dry weather here.

I have to laugh when people say, "Wouldn't it be nice if we had this weather all year round?" It's like some people don't realise that water is essential to life :p Or that they think water is spontaneously generated in their taps when they turn them on.

I can only imagine what their faces would look like if we actually ran out of water.

Yeah it's been about 2 months of dry weather here.

I have to laugh when people say, "Wouldn't it be nice if we had this weather all year round?" It's like some people don't realise that water is essential to life :p Or that they think water is spontaneously generated in their taps when they turn them on.

I can only imagine what their faces would look like if we actually ran out of water.
You know a lot of places on Earth manage with this weather for 95% of the year without life ending right?

Back
Top Bottom