It's too hot :(

It's been hot,30d0C, up here in Northern Sweden for the past 3 weeks. I've not slept properly for one night. Its wearing me down. We have also been scheduled some rain too but its still gonna be 25+. 22h of sun a day is really getting BORING :p it was 28oC at 7 am the other day.

Bring on the snow

hPzVffl.png

If theres a good thunderstorm on Sunday im going for a long wet walk.

Seeing as it was a bit off on today's temperatures looks like Arpege is a bit over-estimating but this would be nasty if it was right

hH9v7tu.png

GFS (which got today right) reckons more like 28-30 where that is 30-33.

Some interesting discussions on the TWO forums as the SSW seems to have thrown a real kink in our weather with some potential for some rare setups - but as the caveat reminded there the most extremes almost always don't verify.

A moderate day in Death Valley today :D

Went for a hike in the dunes last night to do some photography, was 47 when I set off, when I got back to the truck well after sundown, it was still 43, the water in my canteen was like drinking from a hot tap

FmAkkDv.jpg

At the moment the thinking is to ascribe it to the "double tap" SSW event that happened earlier in the year:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31964543

Historically it has brought on weather patterns both hot and cold towards the more extreme side for the 6-18 months following.
So there’s a chance it could repeat over the next winter and summer?

So there’s a chance it could repeat over the next winter and summer?

If that is right there is a chance of more unusual/disruptive weather patterns over the next few months possibly beyond - not necessarily hotter than normal when its hot, etc. though - could be more rain than normal, etc.

Back
Top Bottom