1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's too hot :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Upgrade, May 24, 2012.

1. SideWinder

Consigliere

We really are living up to the stereotype of loving a chat about the weather...80 pages. :p

Sun sun sun. Did some gardening like millions of others. Top off. Lad.

2. Smokey Deza

Wise Guy

I'm sick of this heat ffs.

3. 200sols

Mobster

Bring back winter

4. SideWinder

Consigliere

I think you both need to move to colder countries...British summer is normally like this! :p

5. pingwing

Capodecina

Tried outside early, didn't like it came back inside till the sun sets a bit more

6. wiiija

Wise Guy

Sat next to a lake with a mate and a few beers today, was lovely.................except I have really bad sunburn now, damn sun! :(((((((

7. Spook187

Sgarrista

Lol typical Brit moaning :)

8. Andrew_McP

Mobster

It's way too hot for me, but the first few mini-toms were forming in the greenhouse and it's definitely not too hot for them, so I've planted a few out in the back garden. They will enjoy this week, but probably not the frost which is bound to come next week now I've freed up some space in the greenhouse.

Tomorrow the blackout curtain's going up outside the living room window again for sure. Makes a huge difference to the indoor temp.

9. SideWinder

Consigliere

Agreeeeed. It's not even hot and it's only for a few days then back to 19/20c ish.

10. BennyC

Capodecina

In the actual office tomorrow for the once weekly stint, to sit in my AC'd box and twiddle my thumbs :p

11. UTmaniac

Soldato

22C at ~2050.... What the flipperty flip?! :eek:

12. HoneyBadger

Mobster

Lounge is 26.5 despite fans. I hate it, MrsHB hates it, the dogs hate it.

13. robfosters

Caporegime

Does anyone find it harder to breathe in this weather?

14. moon man

Mobster

down to 24c but the big doors help alot ,blackout slats on blinds are also awesome

[​IMG]

15. uncle_rufus

Mobster

Got aircon installed last week and am simply loving it :p Was 30 degrees on the top floor of our new build earlier until we turned it on and barely half an hour later it was down to 20 through the whole house

16. Andrew_McP

Mobster

Some of us have more Viking genes than Mediterranean. Put me in a longship to Greenland with ice on the oars and sleet against my back and... well, I'll be dead before we get past the end of Blackpool pier. But I'd be dead a lot quicker hiking across Spain. I also seriously wonder whether growing up before central heating was common trained many of us to be a bit more resilient in the cold and a bit less tolerant of heat.

Mind you, I mainly remember being cold all the time, and we did have the summer of '76 with the original "Phew What a Scorcher!" So maybe that made up for scraping the ice off the inside of the windows in winter. The ice also made it hard to play our teeny tiny violins, especially as there wasn't much room in the cardboard box in the middle of the road.

I guess warm air is less dense, so we get less oxygen per breath than in cooler weather. But it's probably more about the claggy humidity making it feel like breathing soup. Give me a cold, crisp day any time... feels like you're really alive them.

I'm not often envious of a double door, but that looks like a nice landscape extension to your living room.

17. fobose

Mobster

ROFL... not seen that before :D

18. robfosters

Caporegime

Lmao at the Yorkshireman sketch.

Cleese, Chapman, Brooke-Taylor and Feldman. Never seen them work together before. 4 comedy geniuses!

19. Efour

Caporegime

29 degrees here now and humid.... Think it was -29 6 months ago :p
    Its days like this that im glad i work in a chilled room most of time over summer.

20. fobose

Mobster

The building I work in is always at 21c. Not nice when I am sitting in the office with a swirl diffuser above my head, end up wearing a fleece!