It's too hot :(

Caporegime
When will this heatwave go, just goes on and on, Must be hottest September on record ever for us, every day its well into 20s, makes you wonder if we'll ever see cold weather again.

In regards to cold weather, currently there is a lot of cold weather trapped up north as the hottest weather never really entered the uk, which is rather unusual. No long heatwaves ( 25-30 ), hardly any spanish plumes. Northern Europe is pretty cold as far as I'm aware :D

Capodecina
Soldato
When will this heatwave go, just goes on and on, Must be hottest September on record ever for us, every day its well into 20s, makes you wonder if we'll ever see cold weather again, seems like the longest summer for me ever, I know most love the warm weather but I'm the opposite, I love it cool to sleep under a duvet and wear jeans and long sleeve shirts, I've not been able to since March , I dream of those crispy winter days and grey skies but they seem to never arrive. Don't get me wrong I don't want frosts everyday just cooler than this muggy weather.

Whereabouts are you?

Temps have been in the late teens/early 20s here in London for ages, it's very comfortable.

Looking at the Met Office website there's nowhere in the UK that has a temp higher than 17C today? :confused:

Man of Honour
Whereabouts are you?

Temps have been in the late teens/early 20s here in London for ages, it's very comfortable.

Looking at the Met Office website there's nowhere in the UK that has a temp higher than 17C today? :confused:

I’m in Rotherhithe SE London, and I can vouch for the veracity of your post, wherever chillr is in U.K., I’d venture to say that he’s been indulging in some Moroccan Hash with 16% THC if he feels that we’re experiencing a heatwave or Indian Summer, I’m not cold, but I’m certainly not running around in shorts and a Tee shirt either.

Soldato
When will this heatwave go, just goes on and on, Must be hottest September on record ever for us, every day its well into 20s, makes you wonder if we'll ever see cold weather again, seems like the longest summer for me ever, I know most love the warm weather but I'm the opposite, I love it cool to sleep under a duvet and wear jeans and long sleeve shirts, I've not been able to since March , I dream of those crispy winter days and grey skies but they seem to never arrive. Don't get me wrong I don't want frosts everyday just cooler than this muggy weather.

They were saying that on the weather last night its on track to be the hottest september on record, and due to hit 23c at the weekend. And barely a drop of rain for a month now.

Associate
Whereabouts are you?

Just outside of Hull, it's a bit cooler today but still made 21 earlier

Associate
I’m in Rotherhithe SE London, and I can vouch for the veracity of your post, wherever chillr is in U.K., I’d venture to say that he’s been indulging in some Moroccan Hash with 16% THC if he feels that we’re experiencing a heatwave or Indian Summer, I’m not cold, but I’m certainly not running around in shorts and a Tee shirt either.

lol, nah not me, must be a northern heatwave then, I just presumed down south was also getting it warm all September too.

Man of Honour
Been reasonably warm and even a touch muggy during the day here but a sneaky cold setting in at night now the last few days - feels like cold is coming but sometimes it does that just before a last gasp of summer.

Annoyingly the sun is now dipping to where it is low on the horizon at the times and directions I'm driving which is no fun.

Soldato
Judt right tbh hot sun, cool air and we have had some waves from Larry

IMG-20210921-142424.jpg

Also some rather nice sunsets

IMG-20210921-193754.jpg

Soldato
Well maybe slight exaggeration but normal temp we get up here this time of year is more around 7-14, temps in the 20s everyday is very unusual for around here.

Yeah "warm" as in above average temperatures for the month that look like hitting a record not "ZOMG its a heatwave! Everyone head to the beach!". Last week was the last blast of summer had to put the fan on this week its just warm sunshine which for late september is unusual its usually chucking it down by now. Next week looks like autumn is finally going to arrive.

I’m not cold, but I’m certainly not running around in shorts and a Tee shirt either.

Thats funny because I am lol.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Anything above 15c in UK is a heatwave. Because due to some stupid stiff upper lip idiocy people refuse to invest in proper air conditioning. I was honestly shocked to find out that black cabs by design do not/did not have AC's for passengers. To me that's peak stupidity, you pay a premium to ride one and no one even bothered to think about you when designing the stupid thing. Like its black, it drivers in London in next to standstill traffic it needs AC to be comfortable and to not breathe dirty diesel bus fumes outside. But nope, screw you. Its the attitude that I do not understand.

Its not like UK is somewhere in Siberia weather belt, when it gets cold everything collapses even more than when its hot. Two CM of snow cancels the whole country down, God forbid there is a major frost for a solid week I'm sure we could waive goodbye to all plumbing in the country.

Associate
Bit cooler today but back to heatwaving tomorrow, wish ac was cheaper in this country, if it's going to get warmer each year I'm going to have to move to Iceland or grow gills and live underwater.

Man of Honour
Anything above 15c in UK is a heatwave. Because due to some stupid stiff upper lip idiocy people refuse to invest in proper air conditioning. I was honestly shocked to find out that black cabs by design do not/did not have AC's for passengers. To me that's peak stupidity, you pay a premium to ride one and no one even bothered to think about you when designing the stupid thing. Like its black, it drivers in London in next to standstill traffic it needs AC to be comfortable and to not breathe dirty diesel bus fumes outside. But nope, screw you. Its the attitude that I do not understand.

I share your pain, but the TX1 and TX2 Black Cab models DID have a/c in the passenger compartment, but as an optional extra to the buyer.
I drove Black Cabs for 30 years in London, and the last two that I had as an owner/driver were a TX1 and a TX2.
They both had a/c as standard in the driver’s compartment, but to have it extended to the passenger compartment came to bundles, I can’t remember exactly, but it was £1000, if not more, maybe much more.
I looked at it this way, if we’re lucky in U.K. we get maybe 7 or 8 days p.a. when a/c is an advantage.
My last TX model which I bought new in 1999, came to £28,995 on the road, I didn’t fancy shelling out maybe another 1.5 k for rear compartment a/c.
FWIW, I think that the latest all electric Black Cab has a/c throughout as standard, but I’m not sure.

Man of Honour
Just had an insane storm move in - crazy wind and rain - knocked out my FTTC and data 4G though my phone on another network is still connected.

Back
Top Bottom