It's too hot :(

Soldato
Still 27C here at 5.54 am, deffo not over in some parts of the country, when will it end? :(

They never get it right on cold fronts, the fronts always appear later lol.

What is funny is when its clear they got it wrong, the websites dont update to reflect whats going on in the short term.

I checked the BBC weather last night to see if they would update the predictions for the night and it was still predicting a 7C drop in temps and even reported a current temp no where near what was the actual temp.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Cooled down quite a lot here though the air still feels stale.

Models still showing a significant drop over the next couple of days and backed a bit off some warmer days closer to the end of the month, though still some potential there - looks like at least one more shot of warmth though lesser scale.

Soldato
Walked around outside, sun only starting to come up, no freshness at all, no air movement, doesnt feel any better than indoors, crazy high humidity.

Last edited:
Soldato
How old is the unit? I'll see if I can work out my display as I think it is showing a weekly amount but I don't think I've seen mine over £25 and I use my two AC's quite a lot. Tbh I don't look at it a lot. If I need AC on, I'm putting AC on... I'm not suffering and struggling to sleep for the sake of maybe a fiver...
So, I remembered to have a look last night, having had at least one unit going most of the day. I ran it overnight, it was off for 5 hours while I was out, then back on. Later in the evening I had two units going (both 12k BTU) for maybe 1.5 hours cooling down my bedroom. It's also worth noting I have a PC running 24/7 as a file server and I had my PC gaming for a good bunch of hours too. When I'm not on the PC, I'm watching TV, so various other things going on too.

Approaching 11pm I was at £7.50 for the day and £44 for the week. I really then need a non AC day to compare, but surely I would normally be £2 to £3 a day, meaning the AC only cost me around £5 to be on ALL DAY. Surely that's not bad? I get everyone's financial position is different, but surely those in here suffering would pay £5 to have a please day instead of the suffering?

Man of Honour
What's amusing to me and something I noticed is that when we're back in the fatherland we set the AC to 26C although we don't leave it on all night as there's no need. Just enough to take the initial edge off, just because it is so warm. The homes there are designed for hotter climate so you do get nice breezes with the windows open and tall ceilings. However in the winter it's not so nice, and we don't have central heating or radiators.

Soldato
Our properties are designed to keep heat in - from central heating. When we have hot weather spells, it takes a couple of days after the cooler weather comes in to get most homes acclimatised.
Maybe, but my property is a F for EPC and its insulation is like a sieve. :) When I walked outside it was no better.

Soldato
Our properties are designed to keep heat in - from central heating. When we have hot weather spells, it takes a couple of days after the cooler weather comes in to get most homes acclimatised.

Not quite. We build houses (at least those built in the last decade or two) with a lot of insulation. Insulation stops the transfer of heat, it doesn't matter which way around that is. So that can be stopping heat getting out, or stopping the heat getting in.
However, I can concede that it would seem like they're only built to trap heat in, especially when the insulation stops the cool air of an evening getting into the house properly, even with open windows.

Caporegime
It’ll only reach 32° today and there’s some nice clouds to breakup the string sun. Could have down with that at the weekend standing out in the middle of a dusty field.

kSB2Vng.gif

Its over here.. 22c.
Bye bye summer. At least September provided a week or so of proper summer heat.

Soldato
Sun is out but a breeze has appeared and its fresher and cooler air out there now, room temp dropped to 25.4C.

But will hell return when sun is shining at my windows in the afternoon.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Maybe, but my property is a F for EPC and its insulation is like a sieve. :) When I walked outside it was no better.

My property was rated G with hardly any wall insulation or loft insulation and non working storage heaters. Council changed it all around summer time including Solar Panels! ( Only changed the storage heaters after many complaints by myself ). Property is now rated C! Will be interesting to see how this Winter goes in terms of keeping warm + expense.

Each Winter was hell, could see my breath while eating dinner and that was with the heating on :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
My property was rated G with hardly any wall insulation or loft insulation and non working storage heaters. Council changed it all around summer time including Solar Panels! ( Only changed the storage heaters after many complaints by myself ). Property is now rated C! Will be interesting to see how this Winter goes in terms of keeping warm + expense.

Each Winter was hell, could see my breath while eating dinner and that was with the heating on :(

Jesus! You could. See your breath?

Caporegime
Jesus! You could. See your breath?

For Winter yes!

I had the council over and explained that with just two storage heaters on I was using £12 by 8am in the morning nearly every day, had to have an extra oil filled rad turned on and a heat blanket. Basically I had no insulation, and the Storage heaters output flaps were stuck open, so heat by morning, cold by evening. One of the storage heaters even had broken dials under a closed off compartment.

It was hell!

Back
Top Bottom