It's too hot :(

In recent years, it's surprised me how little difference there has often been between temps in Hampshire and those around Wirral plus north Wales, where I grew up.

Back in the 90s when I came to Southampton, typically there was enough difference to need at least an extra layer of light clothing up north.

It does seem that temp difference has returned so far this summer.

Inside or outside?

Not Uther, but I'm wearing layers indoors. It's no warmer inside than it is during winter. And we have our thermostat set at the bottom end of the advised range, maybe even under now I think about it since the energy price gouging commenced.

Going back a couple of years our thermostat was set at 20c. If that was still the case our heating would have been on every single day so far this month.

Last edited:
Very weird weather here last couple of days, a few odd moments when it has really warmed up but other times where it has dropped to single digits and a lot of the day barely broke 10C.

Dull but very warm when the sun comes out was sweating out there for a time. Having to leave the windows ajar at night its too warm indoors. Not a drop of rain all week spent bloody ages watering with a hose at least its stopped the grass growing so I don't have to mow it so thats something

Back
Top Bottom