It's too hot :(

With the reappearance of the ball of fire, we're having to start opening the windows to keep the house below 20C. Letting in pollen and noise :(

Totally wrong approach - curtains/blinds shut during the day, open them and windows at night/early morning. We’re east-west facing so we can’t avoid direct sunlight.

Last edited:
Got really stuffy inside today, opened a window though and it was like turning the AC on - cooler and fresher within a fairly short space of time.
lol dude I almost died* (*hyperbole) on the way to work today. I hadn't realised AC was off and "recirc" on, was on the phone, about 1.5hrs in, I was like WTF why is my body shutting down. Like pure stuffy warmthy bacteria ick.

lol dude I almost died* (*hyperbole) on the way to work today. I hadn't realised AC was off and "recirc" on, was on the phone, about 1.5hrs in, I was like WTF why is my body shutting down. Like pure stuffy warmthy bacteria ick.

I had this with the 2022 July heatwave when it was hot enough to properly melt tarmac, etc. I picked my vehicle up from being serviced and was driving along going "wow it is hot today" with the fans going full tilt but just hot air coming through, was only about 5 miles up the road I realised the AC settings had been reset and the AC part wasn't on at all!

I had this with the 2022 July heatwave when it was hot enough to properly melt tarmac, etc. I picked my vehicle up from being serviced and was driving along going "wow it is hot today" with the fans going full tilt but just hot air coming through, was only about 5 miles up the road I realised the AC settings had been reset and the AC part wasn't on at all!
:cry:

Totally wrong approach - curtains/blinds shut during the day, open them and windows at night/early morning. We’re east-west facing so we can’t avoid direct sunlight.
Yep I know this. South facing bedroom has blinds shuts constantly. However, when it’s still 16-18C outside, there’s no harm having the window open too to cool down the room.

In my room with the PC it’s north-facing so I can have that window open whenever to try and keep it cool (checking outside temp vs inside temp in that room).

Ok, it supposed to be 18°C and sunny at the minute climbing to 23°C feeling like 20°C and it's already 22.5°C in our East facing room with the thermal blinds down. For me that's too hot but I'll post over in the summer thread how nice the weather is just for rob:)
Mind you I haven't taken the dog for a walk yet so it might not be a post of it being nice:)

Ok time for a proper moan its either too windy too wet too grey or too dry and/or too hot! There never seems to be a happy medium in this country it lurches one extreme or the other. Just give me a run of warm (not blazing hot) sunny days with some overnight rain and it'd be golden. Sadly that seems to be unattainable these days.

Back
Top Bottom