It's too hot :(

Associate
Hmm, I believe the definition is temperatures of 0°C or below. Things won't necessarily freeze though, right?
I did say "ice to forum " yes water can be in several states of matter at that temperature. It's just what I say to the wife when she's sitting there in the living room with a thick dressing gown and a blanket around her this time of year

Soldato
Like I tell the wife it's only freezing when you have ice forming, it's cold or cool otherwise. However I do use the expression just as often.
People have forgotten what its like to have actually cold winters I can barely remember the last time the windows frosted up. We've also had a run of higher than average summer temperatures culminating in the record temperatures of '22 since then its returned to a more normal pattern.

"People always seem to think summer should be warmer than it actually is because climate change has pushed up average temperatures, we notice more when our weather gets colder.

"We might be complaining about a few degrees cooler than normal but historically, this spell might actually be closer to normal," he said.

Soldato
It's nominally only mild here this afternoon (13c) but the sun is still very powerful when you're in, I was hot in the car. Had to pick up an Amazon parcel and where it was situated the sun was evaporating the rain off the tarmac, you could see the vapour rising off it.

Associate
It's nominally only mild here this afternoon (13c) but the sun is still very powerful when you're in, I was hot in the car. Had to pick up an Amazon parcel and where it was situated the sun was evaporating the rain off the tarmac, you could see the vapour rising off it.

What's this sun you speak of? I've only known the eternal skyduvet. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
Camping in Wales this week and its supposed to be a pleasent 15-18 during the day. Sky cleared up last night and definitely felt the temperature drop overnight though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom