It's too hot :(

I love going to bed when it's warm, just soooo much more comfortable.

Interesting, I have the best sleeps in winter, doesn't matter if the room is cold just being under the duvet for 5-10 mins is enough to get nice and warm I also like having the window open slightly to feel the breeze hit my face really find it soothing

In summer I have trouble sleeping well , if I get hot I can't cool myself down , currently bedroom is at 27c

Last edited:
Interesting, I have the best sleeps in winter, doesn't matter if the room is cold just being under the duvet for 5-10 mins is enough to get nice and warm I also like having the window open slightly to feel the breeze hit my face really find it soothing

In summer I have trouble sleeping well , if I get hot I can't cool myself down , currently bedroom is at 27c

I've found the older I get, the more susceptible to cold I am.

Never used to bother me when I was young, getting old sucks.

Hate the cold with a passion, thank god for electric blankets during the winter!

Hate the cold with a passion, thank god for electric blankets during the winter!

Older I got the more I dislike the summer, my room in winter can be 0c and I'll be fine and cosy once I get under the duvet for 5-10 mins

Also my energy levels drop off and just don't want to do stuff , I workout without AC so not fun at all

Walking outside in winter for 10 mins I don't feel the cold anymore, try doing it in the summer and it's uncomfortable with the humidity here doesn't need high temperature

Last edited:

Getting old does suck, I will admit that. Feel the cold quicker and can't stand the heat, only a range in-between. :(

Well stick to what the docs say, there's a lot of good news stories from my friends about it, more so than negatives, but it takes time. Don't try and be stoic though. Good luck - I really do feel for ladies, it's hard not being able to help.

Hope you get to enjoy the weather nonetheless! :)
Thank you. Means a lot :)

Your wife is very lucky to have you and your support.

Look after yourself too as it definitely can't be easy for you at all either.

Horrid night, I had to change pillow case 3 times, and sheet twice due to sweat in a single night. Have got towels ready now for future nights to soak it all up.

Curious if this part of the country ends up with a long miserable heatwave for several weeks in succession like it has done in the past, as this summer has started differently to the last couple of years.

My first summer with black out curtains, the room temp seems low for the sweat produced (25.7C).

Last edited:
Horrid night, I had to change pillow case 3 times, and sheet twice due to sweat in a single night. Have got towels ready now for future nights to soak it all up.

Curious if this part of the country ends up with a long miserable heatwave for several weeks in succession like it has done in the past, as this summer has started differently to the last couple of years.

My first summer with black out curtains, the room temp seems low for the sweat produced (25.7C).
Check the humidity levels not just the temperature.
The humidity here is 40% going upto 90% by 5am.

Last edited:
Bit toasty at work today........

8jxOEKS.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom