It's too hot :(

Horrid night, I had to change pillow case 3 times, and sheet twice due to sweat in a single night. Have got towels ready now for future nights to soak it all up.

Curious if this part of the country ends up with a long miserable heatwave for several weeks in succession like it has done in the past, as this summer has started differently to the last couple of years.

My first summer with black out curtains, the room temp seems low for the sweat produced (25.7C).
Thyroid check time I reckon, just to make sure

Curious if this part of the country ends up with a long miserable heatwave for several weeks in succession like it has done in the past, as this summer has started differently to the last couple of years.

Its actually the same pattern as last year cold wet spring leading into june heatwave which is pretty much on par with recent years, last years abrupt change to wet and cool july/august was an aberration its pretty much continued the tendency to heat otherwise leading of course to record temperatures in '22, wouldn't be at all surprised if this year breaks that record

Last edited:
Horrid night, I had to change pillow case 3 times, and sheet twice due to sweat in a single night. Have got towels ready now for future nights to soak it all up.
Yep, the towel on top of my pillow was soaked this morning too. It's got to that miserable time of year for those that hate the British summer heat/humidity.

Air con is now back in active use as of today.

Last edited:
Curious how much a dehumidifier can help, a a/c is probably not viable with home layout.

Room 29C now, so its more resembling the feels like reality now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom