It's too hot :(

When did the UK getting this hot become a regular occurrence? I have an AC installer coming next week to put me out of my misery.

Gaming room is currently 29C without my air con on. That’s with my hardware off.

Absolute bliss on a hot day to be able to retreat into the cool air.

I’ve gone for the alternative sea breeze and shade today :)

Last edited:
I would have said the last 2 have been fine, but the 2 before, maybe. This year has been very wet and not all that warm for me in North London.

We have had a few hot weeks though. June and last September for example. Even just for those our air con has been worth it.

I’d say we get fewer inbetween days these days. Suns out it’s 30 plus or it’s dreary and crap. Certainly for the London area. I don’t remember this years ago.

Last edited:
It's days like this where I'm so glad I had mini splits installed. Whole house is 22c which is perfect. I've barely even known it's hot outside as we're stuck at home at the moment anyway. It'd be unbearable without it. This kind of weather is becoming more and more frequent and I think more people are going to have it installed.

Temperature of my brickwork at 10PM. This is why you need AC, otherwise RIP to organisms within:

1722372583687.jpg

It’s not pleasant wearing polyester which is my uniform made from. Still struggling how majority of colleagues wear their fleece. Store gets warm from the constant opening of the doors.

Also many supermarkets have at least one chiller or freezer cabinet which plays up in warm weather.

Visited supermarkets in Portugal (Madeira), Spain, France, Croatia and Italy when it has been mid 30s and none had an empty chiller or freezer. Why is this? Are UK supermarkets sold crap chillers and freezers?

Back
Top Bottom