It's too hot :(

My small hill to die on is warm weather is fine, but you need the change to be gradual so your body can properly acclimitise to it else you just melt
Like how in Autumn it'll be same old with people begrudging having to shove their heating on as is the ritual

I'm a light sleeper at the best of times so thats long gone out the window

Its still got nothing on the other year.. it reached 40 where I live and I'm on the coast where you at least have a little sea breeze.
It must had been like a horse box inland

Last edited:
Visited supermarkets in Portugal (Madeira), Spain, France, Croatia and Italy when it has been mid 30s and none had an empty chiller or freezer. Why is this? Are UK supermarkets sold crap chillers and freezers?.

Food, even the processed type prefers a lower temperature for storage, nothing to do with refrigeration. I wouldn't be surprised if there was legislation for it either. Also it creates a much nicer shopping experience.

I can usually sleep through warm nights, just lay there with fan blowing! But last night nope. It was just blowing around warm air so I must've fallen asleep between 3 and 4 because that's the last time I checked the time :cry:

Last edited:
Temperature of my brickwork at 10PM. This is why you need AC, otherwise RIP to organisms within:

1722372583687.jpg
What are you using to measure the temps like that? I really want to do my house in winter to see where I'm leaking heat.

What are you using to measure the temps like that? I really want to do my house in winter to see where I'm leaking heat.

It's a HIKMicro Mini2, USBC module that plugs into smartphone.

There's been a bit of a leap the last few years with relatively high resolution (256x192 in this case) IR sensors now being manufactured in China at a much more reasonable cost, which have now made their way into many consumer grade IR cameras.

They're basically all fairly similar, just check the resolution before buying as the previous generation popular sensors were something like 100x80 & were much worse in sensitivity. These new ones are really very good.

Was 31 yesterday, 26 and a bit today. Noticeably cooler today. Lovely to have a couple of days of summer weather, despite the sleep issues. The evenings outside make up for it.

Would prefer 24-25ish so you can still do things, but I'm not going to complain if it's a bit more for a day or so.

Back
Top Bottom