It's too hot :(

Very hot here, dog has been panting off and all day, and the rear garden lawn desperately needs mowing :( was bad enough working in it in a physical job this morning. Tomorrow hotter :(

28c today but quite a stiff breeze blowing and has been for the last couple of days so it doesn't feel like it, mowed the grass wow that was a lot of clippings it hasn't been done for weeks picked some lettuce and several bowl fulls of runner beans that I've got to slice 'n' dice most go in the freezer the rest I'll have for dinner tonight. Yum.

Last edited:
I did a 2hour bike ride at about 2 o'clock whilst wearing a hoodie and jeans, the only thing sweating was my backside from making contact with the seat for extended periods.

can't have been that hot.

Last edited:
Today the sky is a reddish colour very bizarre, also a Rainbow.

Even though yesterday was supposedly quite warm, it didnt feel that bad and I slept fine.

Last edited:
I think last night is the first time I remember waking during the night and putting the new air con on. I've got it running now, as I've seen it's due to be over 30 today, so better to keep it cool from the beginning I guess. I might even have to move my 'office' to the living room with the air con.

Morecambe Bay update, we had 24c and constant sunshine yesterday. Today (hottest day of the year) it is currently 19c and thunderstorming. Temp will rise to 22c by midday with the clouds expected to clear after lunch. Temps falling after the rain. I still haven't used my hosepipe yet this summer.

It is currently 7:32 here in South Kensington and I am sat at my desk covered in a film of sweat. Today's gonna be fun :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well, I'm pleasantly surprised up to now, on the "hottest day of the year" there's been some light rain and it's overcast so no stifling heat from direct sun. It's warm but not hot. Hope it stays that way :)

It is currently 7:32 here in South Kensington and I am sat at my desk covered in a film of sweat. Today's gonna be fun :rolleyes:
Is that because you've been watching mucky movies on your work computer? :D

I am also developing a slight sheen, and my ceiling fan is working overtime.

Last edited:
I'm on the south coast at the moment, beautiful blue sky here and breezy so doesn't feel too bad.

The sea here is really mild as well so in about half an hour or so I'm going swimming.

Just got my morning walk in before its to hot for the dog. Asthma playing up today, so no more walking.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom