It's too hot :(

Soldato
My mum got me a duvet cover with "cooling" technology (passive - not electric, etc.) as a birthday present - kind of expensive but surprisingly it works - my room is kind of stuffy but I'm practically going into hypothermia under the covers. Downside it kind of shrink wraps you to the bed after awhile (using it without the duvet).
Sounds like what I need! I sleep much better when cool. Got details? :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Today is due to hit 30c in and around London and I’m still trying to work out how the missus and I survived Midtown New York around this time last year. 45c heatwave is no fun, but especially when you’re surrounded by tall buildings that all have air con units!

Associate
Mmm, portable aircon is doings its job well. Expensive and inefficient, but comes into its own in this weather (missus says no to a proper split unit installation).

Associate
Been over 30C indoor since 10am. :( Showing 26.3C outside in the shade.

Need a way to cool the house down that isn't AC. I was wondering would a cold water sprinkler system work? Spraying the sides of the house to help get rid of all that absorbed energy/heat.

Soldato
Been over 30C indoor since 10am. :( Showing 26.3C outside in the shade.

Need a way to cool the house down that isn't AC. I was wondering would a cold water sprinkler system work? Spraying the sides of the house to help get rid of all that absorbed energy/heat.

Keep the blinds/curtains closed on the sides the sun comes through throughout the day's with all doors and windows open to keep air moving through? It won't cool it but it should stop it getting hotter and hotter as the day goes on.

Associate
My downstairs AC packed in today of all days! I've had the bedroom unit running on full with all the doors open & it's doing a reasonable job of keeping the entire house cool - lounge is currently sitting at 24oC - but I feel that will creep up into the evening.

32.1 outside right now, in the shade.

Back
Top Bottom