It's too hot :(

Soldato
Been quite hot here last couple of days. Probably the hottest it has been in a few weeks.

This summer has been mild compared to the last few years though really, we had one really hot spell for a few days, but I remember having much more of those types of days in previous years.

Caporegime
Been quite hot here last couple of days. Probably the hottest it has been in a few weeks.

This summer has been mild compared to the last few years though really, we had one really hot spell for a few days, but I remember having much more of those types of days in previous years.
It was bloody lovely a lot of the time during lockdown :rolleyes:

Our summers feel like they’ve shifted, the hottest used to be July/August, now it seems like it’s shifted forwards to May/June.

Associate
You're needing aircon? This might just be the most underwhelming July in my 39 years on this planet. I've never seen so many coats. And thick, warms coats at that! :p

Up until yesterday (haven't checked since last weekend), our average temperature and average maximum temperature in the midlands have been well below what's expected for this time of the year. Day after day of grey clouds, rain, and 15c peaks. :eek::(

Soldato
You're needing aircon? This might just be the most underwhelming July in my 39 years on this planet.

Yes, it's not been a great July... but... you think it will never be hot ever again? You would wait until said crazy hot temperature to order your new air con? Yesterday was what, 27 or 28 degrees. Yes, I'll have the air con on then. In fact, it's only 23 today, but yes I have the air con on :)

Soldato
It was bloody lovely a lot of the time during lockdown :rolleyes:

Our summers feel like they’ve shifted, the hottest used to be July/August, now it seems like it’s shifted forwards to May/June.

I didn't say it wasn't nice weather, just that it wasn't really hot :rolleyes:

I'm talking days of 25C+ here, not really seen them much. Plenty of 20-24C days which is bearable.

Associate
Yes, it's not been a great July... but... you think it will never be hot ever again? You would wait until said crazy hot temperature to order your new air con? Yesterday was what, 27 or 28 degrees. Yes, I'll have the air con on then. In fact, it's only 23 today, but yes I have the air con on :)

Well of course! (fingers crossed it's very soon!) However I just can't see it happening this year due to the way things have progressed in the last few weeks. :(

I don't typically mind the heat until we begin pushing into the 30's so I haven't found a single day to be unbearable this year. All I've needed to do is open a few windows later in the evening to keep things from getting stuffy inside.

Ahhh, well I guess we have the usual South / Everywhere else divide as per usual haha! We only touched 21c yesterday and today is already back down to the mid teens. Can't imagine what it must be like for the poor sods in Scotland. :p

Soldato
Stunning day ,nice breeze on the coast ,not sticky went south of Tintagel ,had this place to myself as the path down the cliff is far from obvious, flask of tea ,kindle (reading the Name of the wind) ,perfect

Screenshot-20200719-165127-com-android-gallery3d.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
You're needing aircon? This might just be the most underwhelming July in my 39 years on this planet. I've never seen so many coats. And thick, warms coats at that! :p

Up until yesterday (haven't checked since last weekend), our average temperature and average maximum temperature in the midlands have been well below what's expected for this time of the year. Day after day of grey clouds, rain, and 15c peaks. :eek::(

That... really depends on where you live. Spent the last week in north devon and it was cool and even chilly at the start of the week warmed up towards the end but yeah, not brilliant the sun only came out one afternoon. Back in the SE it was 25c apparently and v. sunny. You can always tell you're leaving that part of the world once you hit somerset and the M5 it goes from wearing trousers and maybe think about a jacket to BBQ weather and everyone's in shorts. Its like crossing a thermocline.

Back
Top Bottom