It's too hot :(

Soldato
I seen a radar image from a youtuber who does the weather, since storms typically pass at the edge of weather patterns, if his image is anywhere near accurate none of the south is going to see a storm, would maybe be northern england at best. Check around 7 min mark. Actually towards the end of the video it shows the 18 may, the edge of the weather pattern is going up through wales which the storm would probably track. That would match up with usual summer Atlantic weather patterns where only the west gets thats weather.

Associate
The main thunderstorm activity seems a bit further west and development has initiated over the Channel later than forecast - looking likely anywhere along the South Coast from Selsey to Seaford will see lightning out to sea soon or in the next few hours. Its slowly moving N-NE.

Associate
Last night's storm was as @robfosters mentioned, a proper Dracula moment. As a kid, storms usually resulted in power cuts, sitting in candle light. We lived in York and parents would scare us with tales about Dick Turpin etc! :D

No thunder which got me thinking if its true, that as kid I was always told that a silent dry storm is the most potent and scary. Well last nights was decent!

Soldato
Stunning day today , ploughing on with the wheel of time series

IMG20220527152749.jpg

Back
Top Bottom