It's too hot :(

Soldato
Looking like a sunny spell next week, today though warm and wet and.garden loving it.
Cars is all loaded up for the tip ,going to bag a free space at Trebarwith strand after that ,surf has picked up a little

IMG20220731081828.jpg

Jesus are you a rain god or something? Me mum's in devon and its almost as parched there as it is here in the SE. I mean its drier than the sahara I shouldn't wonder everythings dead other than the trees and even they look like they're not having a good time of it grass is nothing more than brown dust

No idea what the official weather is supposed to be but definitely warmed up here last 48 hours. Sweaty nights again.

Its supposed to be getting uncomfortably warm or even hot next week, as if it isn't bad enough already fan constantly blowing is just about coping but anymore and it'll be the aircon again not a breath of bloody wind

Man of Honour
Jesus are you a rain god or something? Me mum's in devon and its almost as parched there as it is here in the SE. I mean its drier than the sahara I shouldn't wonder everythings dead other than the trees and even they look like they're not having a good time of it grass is nothing more than brown dust

On the Somerset/Dorset border we've had some bits of rain and isolated patches of heavy but brief rain storms - it is just about making the difference between stuff being green and starting to transition to brown/yellow. Don't seem to be getting any longer periods of rain though.

Looks like a good 2 weeks of pretty much non-existent rainfall forecast here now though which won't be good.

Soldato

Its supposed to be getting uncomfortably warm or even hot next week, as if it isn't bad enough already fan constantly blowing is just about coping but anymore and it'll be the aircon again not a breath of bloody wind

Same this morning, quite a decent rainfall, looks nice from tomorrow

IMG20220803062104.jpg

Soldato
We haven't had rain in what feels like months here, certainly nothing substantial that will actually make a difference. Its so dry outside, my pond and stream have been alive with birds drinking they must be struggling elsewhere.

Capodecina
Soldato
I went to Greenwich Park at the weekend, the ground was bone dry and light brown everywhere. It almost looked like a desert. Same with my local part too. Hard to believe just a few days of intense heat could do that, but maybe it's also the lack of rain.

Soldato
I went to Greenwich Park at the weekend, the ground was bone dry and light brown everywhere. It almost looked like a desert. Same with my local part too. Hard to believe just a few days of intense heat could do that, but maybe it's also the lack of rain.
Yeah it isnt just a few days of heat its is verging on a drought.

Soldato

According to a local weather station here, we've had 1.4mm of rain in total through July.

This is generally 30mm or more in a normal year and even previous 'dry' years (say 2013 or 2016) it was nearly 15mm.

Everything is brown because we've had an exceptionally dry month, not because of a 'few' particularly hot days.

Soldato
I've been amazed how many days there has been predicted rain only for it to not happen or its only a small shower over the last month.
Round here they frequently get it wrong in the summer, most of the time if a storm is predicted its either just sunny, or a little shower.

I think the reasons are the cloud does head in this direction but dies before it gets here (distance from coast) or the weather pattern blocks and pushes it away. The east of the country nearly all summer usually has a hot blocking weather pattern.

Soldato

Ah crap. I'm already spending saturday going round with the hose watering and thats not to keep things green its just to stop them from actually dying now I'll be lugging watering cans around all afternoon instead.

According to a local weather station here, we've had 1.4mm of rain in total through July.

This is generally 30mm or more in a normal year and even previous 'dry' years (say 2013 or 2016) it was nearly 15mm.

Everything is brown because we've had an exceptionally dry month, not because of a 'few' particularly hot days.

Driest summer or was that year since 1935 I read somewhere

Just watched the second part the BBC's documentary on US oil interest's funding and denial of climate change and lobbying, that was particularly damning and frankly downright scary when it gets into influencing right wing Trumpist politics its not just denial its living on another planet entirely. We're stuffed, aren't we.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ah crap. I'm already spending saturday going round with the hose watering and thats not to keep things green its just to stop them from actually dying now I'll be lugging watering cans around all afternoon instead.

Driest summer or was that year since 1935 I read somewhere

Just watched the second part the BBC's documentary on US oil interest's funding and denial of climate change and lobbying, that was particularly damning and frankly downright scary when it gets into influencing right wing Trumpist politics its not just denial its living on another planet entirely. We're stuffed, aren't we.
The ban is from the 12th. You’ll be ok for Saturday

Back
Top Bottom