Pitville Park in Chetenham
Painswick Beacon for a walk
Leckhampton hill (Devil's Chimney) for a walk
Rboinswood hill & park
Brewery quarter in Cheltenham
Gloucester Quays
Gloucester Cathedral
If you go bit further afield, the birds of prey place near Newant is excellent
Plus you're on the doorstep of the Forest of Dean and lovely towns/villages around there
Plenty of pubs along the River Severn, plus lots to do in the Cotswolds.
Definitely Cathedral and Quays as staying there. Think heard Chedworth Roman Villa in the mix. Dad loves his Roman stuff

Soldato
Flippancy aside I'm just a bit frustrated with the lack of accountability and investment to reduce the leaks. And sure it's a little childish perhaps to behave the way I am, but I am a big kid at heart. Also I've ploughed lots of time and effort into my garden and want to give it the best chance it has, and since there will be a ban I will do what I can up until that point.

Plus having the pool gives the kids something to do during the holidays too which frankly also helps me out!

Since the weather is going to be like this and has been like this in the summer for a while now it's about time they sorted it out.

Having been brought up in hot climates they manage the water network far better.

Parts of france have run out of drinking water I heard they've having to truck in bottled water. There needs to be a national grid for water to bring it from places where they have more than enough to areas where theres not enough but I don't expect any kind of long term planning from this govt or honestly the next one either. Funnily enough the Romans managed to bring in plenty of drinking water via a network of aquaducts to where it was required and used nothing more than gravity to move it too. But then if there was one thing they were good at it was forward planning.

Man of Honour
Parts of france have run out of drinking water I heard they've having to truck in bottled water. There needs to be a national grid for water to bring it from places where they have more than enough to areas where theres not enough but I don't expect any kind of long term planning from this govt or honestly the next one either. Funnily enough the Romans managed to bring in plenty of drinking water via a network of aquaducts to where it was required and used nothing more than gravity to move it too. But then if there was one thing they were good at it was forward planning.

Yes my cousins have been affected.

Ironically my parents who live in Cyprus aren't desperate for water.

Soldato
Met Office is always about 2c-6c lower than it really is here, Isle of Wight.
last week they saying everyday is 18c-20c. more like 23c-26c according to
my skin. maybe it's just more humidity i dunno.

Associate
We've had a few showers this week but the land is still unbelievably dry. Went out for a drive this afternoon and stumbled on a field that had caught fire. About half a field and 1 tractor lost
KeDTK7Y.jpg.png
akeURPL.jpg.png
fZ5pX6m.jpg.png

Soldato
Wow crazy. We had a combine catch fire here Friday but luckily it got spotted before it went up fully. Few hours with a hose and we thought it was fully out.

1 run up the field the next morning and it caught again. Luckily again spotted early. Not much damage apart from a melted diesel tank.

Soldato
I saw them in the shop today and thought maybe they shouldn't sell them, but what if you want to pump water butt water through a hose or similar.
Still reasons they are needed for legal use.

Also it's literally a tiny drop in a huge ocean, most people who want a hose already have one, so you'll stop the 0.0001 % of the population who are wanting to buy one, and cause a bunch of headaches in the process.

Associate
I'm a bit concerned about how dry its been, but the general mildness gets easier to tolerate as we naturally adjust to it over time
The real shock will be Autumn when it begins to drop a bit (wait for people to groan "brrr its cold!")

Soldato
Getting crazy again, the big 3L chilled juice back in stock at morrisons and ordered, but wish I upped the quantity, feeling will be ordering more via deliveroo mid week.

Soldato
Having a hose ready to roll isn't a bad idea ... when neighbours decking and fence went up last year, neither myself nor other neighbour had plug and play hoses to get about 30m from our houses to tackle it, so we all watched as the firemen were on other calls, building repair work and replacement double glazing only just completed with covid shortages.

Permabanned
It is perfect if you sit in the room with the air condition and cold beer in your hands.
I also feel super chilled as i know that my assignment will be done by professionals https://www.topessaywriting.org/samples/environment. I started to do it myself and realized i just waste time as nothing good comes out . I have so many other things to do, let everyone do what they can the best.

Soldato
Having a hose ready to roll isn't a bad idea ... when neighbours decking and fence went up last year, neither myself nor other neighbour had plug and play hoses to get about 30m from our houses to tackle it, so we all watched as the firemen were on other calls, building repair work and replacement double glazing only just completed with covid shortages.

I have a hose pipe permanently plumbed in out of sight down the hedge ,i water the near areas around the back and the living room garden with the retractable then just plug in to the permanent and do the further areas (out of sight beyond this section coming out at the greenhouse)
Lots of morning dew is really helping the lawn tbh it's a bit dry but fine,hose running down the right hand hedge

IMG20220807162957.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
This week is going to be hell, today was "only" forecast to be 26C and numerous Wunderground stations are currently 30C+ between Southampton and Portsmouth, even one reading 34C near Northam bridge. :eek: :mad:

Back
Top Bottom