It's too hot :(

Associate
Looking at the NHS website I have 8/10 symptoms of heat exhaustion, not surprising when it hasn't been below 28C in nearly 5 days, currently 32C.
I wonder if there are grants for AC due to health?
The other thread talking about thunder storms makes me wishful.

Associate
Had a very heavy but quick rain storm, temp went down to 20 now just over an hour later back up to 25,
I hate it when that happens and you are so happy to see it cooling down then you feel warmer and check and shot back up again, did it last night kept creeping up before bed after dropping to 18 at 21.00 and by 23.30 was 22c

Associate
Its velcro tape all around the frame. Works brilliant.
Thanks Dave, will get some of these, always loved to keep the window wide open and at least get more of outside temp when going to bed. Be great to turn a light on with window wide open and not worry about things crawling or flying in, our house this year seems to have got infested with these spiders that look like daddy long legs without the wings, they are everywhere, but prefer them than the big brown house spiders which we've seen miles less of.

Soldato
Its actually overcast here like they predicted, not. Its still baking hot though. Anyone catch the news of flashfloods yesterday? One place in greece had more rainfall in a day than london gets in an entire year. First blistering heat and wildfires and now this

Down to 21c here for tueday, I'll take that

910mm to be precise in the length of 3 days. it rained so much i cant describe with words how it felt like. It was like having 3 hoses of 1,5 inch diameter spraying your car with water. simultaneously. I am not kidding! Unbelievable, it was like the sky will fall upon our heads. this event made me think about climate change that it might be real, the future will be nasty. An area half the size of Wales is under water, from 0,5m up to 9 m.

Associate
Thanks Dave, will get some of these, always loved to keep the window wide open and at least get more of outside temp when going to bed. Be great to turn a light on with window wide open and not worry about things crawling or flying in, our house this year seems to have got infested with these spiders that look like daddy long legs without the wings, they are everywhere, but prefer them than the big brown house spiders which we've seen miles less of.
Don't worry them big ones will be watching you from somewhere..... just waiting for that scurry across the living room floor when your all relaxed on the sofa.

Soldato
Well that’s the heat pretty much over with here. Just hit 20C outside, with 10-day forecast showing the highest future day as 19C so I think the wave is done.

Dew point is still very high though, so it feels quite humid. It’ll have dropped right off by Wednesday so the house will finally feel fresh :D

Back
Top Bottom