[ITT: Charitable donations]Skywalker's daughter, Bethany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
**Update on the scan situation**

Initially we were hopeful of dropping the time taken for the end to end process of getting little Bethany's scans and operation sorted. It has since become apparent that this is not a viable option. It would be prohibitively expensive to even bring the scans forward, and this would have very little impact on the timeline of the process due to the ongoing work that has to happen around the scans.

***Closing date for payments has passed***

We raised a grand total of £4001.51

I don't know about anyone else, but having read the past threads on how Skywalker's daughter's situation is proceeding I get sadder and sadder at the situation. Read here, here, here, here and here.

Now they're having to wait months for an MRI. Well I don't want them to have to wait months. IMO she deserves a better go at it than that.

To that end I have deposited some money into a spare account I set up some years ago for charitable donations. Anyone willing to do the same can do so with the following details:

PayPal:

-removed-

Bank details:

-removed-

This might be a bit of a bolt from the blue on Skywalker's behalf, as I haven't spoken to him or contacted him regarding this at all. I just can't bear the thought of that beautiful little girl suffering more than is absolutely necessary on some waiting list if a few quid can bump her up the list a bit.

This thread might die on its arse. Nothing might come of it, but those of you that do wish to give now have a way of doing so. I'm not entirely sure what would happen with the money, depends how much there is I guess. It might be enough to make her wait a little easier. More importantly it might be a way to make her wait shorter.

Bank transfer fund: £1305.56
PayPal fund: £2185.82

GRAND TOTAL: £3491.38

As of 18:08 - 03/06

Man of Honour
OP
I'm out tonight and accompanying our lass to hospital tomorrow for a small operation on her knee - arthroscopy I think it's called. Once I get some time I'll confirm all receipts people request :)

Mail me at the paypal address above.

Man of Honour
OP
I don't know, I haven't managed to read the fine print for this 'premier account' thing I've just accepted. If they do either I'll claim it back from them or I'll cover the amount (within reason!)

Man of Honour
OP
Running PayPal total: £834.86.

That's amazing, what a community.

I don't have online banking set up on the current account and Halifax are dragging their heels saying stuff has to be sent via snail mail for security purposes, but I'll get on to them today when I get chance :)

Time to go to the hospital. I'll report back about the rest as soon as I can.

Man of Honour
OP
You don't need to keep asking for updates guys, I'll update you whenever I can :)

Bank Xfer amount - £410.48 - does not reflect any pending payments

PayPal amount - £1,427.28 GBP

GRAND TOTAL: £1837.76

Awesome work people.

Man of Honour
OP
I did say that I would update whenever possible. I was waiting for it to tick past £3k.

Bank transfer fund: £955.48
PayPal fund: £2057.72

Total amount: £3013.20

Man of Honour
OP
Don't worry about the money. It has been pledged in good faith and comes with no strings attached (except that you keep us up to date where possible). If it makes your life a little easier and the wait for the scans/operation for the little princess it'll be worthwhile.

As for a closing date for donations I don't see that there needs to be one, but I will speak to Skywalker about what we're going to do to pass the funds across.

Man of Honour
OP
PayPal have refused to waive fees, but have pledged some themselves.

It doesn't make up the shortfall by any means, wonder if anyone has ever had any more success.

I'm going to see if I can take some of this to local press, see if we can emotionally blackmail PayPal into doing more :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom