[ITT: Charitable donations]Skywalker's daughter, Bethany

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Donated what I've got spare for the month - may do more if I've got more soon.

Best wished to Skywalker and family - specially little Bethany.

Edit: Paid via Bank Transfer, not letting paypal eat donation pie.

Associate
When the wife and I where flicking through a few hours ago as I wanted to show her the morale support from everyone we came across this thread and the tears came rolling down both our faces for ages as couldnt believe the generosity from everyone let it be a few pennies or a few pounds . Some people contacted me aswell to say that they where going to be passing this round a few other places aswell to drum up support else where which has just completly blown our minds which goes to show how much this has touched them which is greater than I ever thought.

We both would like to give everyone our biggest thanks in the world as im sure you can understand how much this means to us after the cards we have been dealt with so far its so nice to see that there is some good left around us

Others have been talking to me on msn which has been nice as its taken the mind off things for a while so thank you for that to

Permabanned
When the wife and I where flicking through a few hours ago as I wanted to show her the morale support from everyone we came across this thread and the tears came rolling down both our faces for ages as couldnt believe the generosity from everyone let it be a few pennies or a few pounds . Some people contacted me aswell to say that they where going to be passing this round a few other places aswell to drum up support else where which has just completly blown our minds which goes to show how much this has touched them which is greater than I ever thought.

We both would like to give everyone our biggest thanks in the world as im sure you can understand how much this means to us after the cards we have been dealt with so far its so nice to see that there is some good left around us

Others have been talking to me on msn which has been nice as its taken the mind off things for a while so thank you for that to

Amazing, who said Britain was down and out, we are still here for each other people who deserve it....deserve better, I wouldn't like to think how much has been donated from this place but I would say I bet its well over £600+

I hope this donation brings the desire you want. If it just gives you that extra few weeks of feeling better for you and your wife and child its money well spent by every member.

Last edited:
Soldato
I've contributed what I can via paypal. Left work (I'm a student) so it isn't a significant amount but hopefully it will make a difference.

I really do wish you and your family the best. She's so cute and she will pull through :)

Suspended
Discuss, at length if needs be, here :)

Gilly, applaud your interest and dedication, but have you thought of bringing a major player into the equation?.

Surely, with OCUK input (and negotiated supplier rebate,) a major supplier would happily support this cause for the benefit of all parties?.....and without being cynical, to the benefit of more than just this little girl?!!.

Five year plans only work, if you are still around in five years, and then the money really starts to flow!!:D

Soldato
This thread is such a good example of what people can do when they put their own feelings and prejudice to one side and unite as a community. 34,350 members of which over 7,500 are active. Communities should look after each other or why are we even here? I'm proud of everyone who has contributed, either money or even just kind words to one of our own who's going through one hell of a tough time.

All the best mate, hope everything gets sorted as soon as possible, for all of you.

Associate
Donated via Paypal, thanks for doing this Gilly.

Skywalker, my thoughts are with your family, I hope the small amount I can give helps in any way.

Man of Honour
Gilly, applaud your interest and dedication, but have you thought of bringing a major player into the equation?.

TBH, I think many people on here want a small way in which they can show their support to both Skywalker and Bethany. The target will get reached easily, but I think that's more a bonus then anything.

Burnsy

Soldato
Around the £800 is required afaik, ill keep donating whatever i can when i can :).

As i said before Luke, best wishes to you & your family.

/bump

Soldato
Donated via Paypal.

Skywalker my thoughts are with your family! i hope you daughter makes a quick recovery and all her problems are sorted out!

Soldato

Surely, with OCUK input (and negotiated supplier rebate,) a major supplier would happily support this cause for the benefit of all parties?.....and without being cynical, to the benefit of more than just this little girl?!!.

Five year plans only work, if you are still around in five years, and then the money really starts to flow!!:D

I agree with that, get a big PLAYA involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom