I've been had... (Xcade)

Soldato
So I've wanted to build an arcade cabinet for years and finally have a bit of space and found what I thought was a decent arcade supplier. It was through a company called Xcade (Link below)

http://www.xcade.co.uk/

Ronald Lijs
[email protected]
Unit 102 Rivermead Business Park
Rivermead Industrial Estate
Swindon SN5 7EX, United Kingdom
Mobile: +44 (788) 259 9521

Long story short, the main supplier of these is a place called arcadeworld, but they were out of stock for some time on the particular cabinet I wanted so contacted Xcade directly through their site. I exchanged a few Emails with the owner who mentioned that they stopped supplying through arcade world temporarily in order to build up stock, so they could supply next day rather than build to order and people wait 6+ weeks. It seemed reasonable at the time and they had been getting great reviews, had been doing various marketing with youtubers, running competetions for artwork etc. so didn't have an issue placing an order with them knowing I would have to wait a few weeks.

I then made (Stupidly) a direct payment to their bank account and a few Emails later he stopped responding. It's now been 7 weeks since I've had a reply and it seems his premises is now up for rent. So am I stuffed?

I'm a few hundred down and expect contacting the police is a waste of time? Maybe I could add that I'm a victim of a hate crime somehow to get a better outcome? ;) Genuinly gutted and at a loss what to do.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
direct payment to their bank account.. i mean why.
I know it was stupid. I bought into the idea that he was down trying to sort out his business as it seemed he was inundated with orders and couldn't cope. For them to stop supply seemed rediculous as they have one of the best selling products on arcade world.

Soldato
I know it was stupid. I bought into the idea that he was down trying to sort out his business as it seemed he was inundated with orders and couldn't cope. For them to stop supply seemed rediculous as they have one of the best selling products on arcade world.

It's a tiny market though, a niche of a niche.

I've hovered over the buy button of an XCade bartop chassis soooo many times :( Hope they can sort it out and get you either a product or refund.

Your bank might help, but probably not, being that it was a direct transfer. If they are going/gone under the small claims might not be helpful either... GL

Soldato
Oh Kong off it!!! Bank transfer?! You are in a bit of a Crisis. You may have to run the Gauntlet and Joust take him to small claims. Kick up a Pong and go on the Rampage against him and then hit the Afterburners; if he tries anything with your Mrs, make sure you can Defender. Also Tekken all the evidence too.

(small claims basically).

Soldato
Oh Kong off it!!! Bank transfer?! You are in a bit of a Crisis. You may have to run the Gauntlet and Joust take him to small claims. Kick up a Pong and go on the Rampage against him and then hit the Afterburners; if he tries anything with your Mrs, make sure you can Defender. Also Tekken all the evidence too.

(small claims basically).

Ban

Caporegime
Caporegime
£225 is not too bad tbh, when I first started reading I thought you were going to say you'd coughed up £2000+ what with old arcade machines being collectables. I doubt you can recoup the money without it costing you more than it's worth be it in time or money.

Caporegime
Find out registered companies - https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/officers/Q2zp2odQ969ivIF3rZrE-kQSBPI/appointments

Find out partners name - Anna Lijs

Find possible address - 62 Britten Road Swindon SN25 2HQ

Find out another address address - 85 Greene Street, Swindon, England, SN25 2RL

Confirm wife's accountancy (oh yeah...) business - https://www.linkedin.com/company/snazzy-consultancy-ltd/

Confirm address is one of the above.

Now you have multiple letter boxes!

Haha nice one

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the help guys appreciated. I managed to speak with the guy that manages his work unit and rumour is he's moved to France and is going through a divorce.

Will try the bank too on the remote chance that could work.

Soldato
£225 is not too bad tbh, when I first started reading I thought you were going to say you'd coughed up £2000+ what with old arcade machines being collectables. I doubt you can recoup the money without it costing you more than it's worth be it in time or money.
i'm sure other people are not as well-off as you to be so blase about losing over two hundred quid.

Soldato
OP
The money is annoying sure but there's also the other bits I've bought in prep for it, monitor, raspberry pi, sd cards etc. I'm more annoyed that someone has the front to just plain rip me off. I couldn't sleep at night myself.

Oh and MrRockliffe. The guy was the manager of the industrial park, not of xcade. He's also out of pocket from missed rent and equally annoyed. Will look at action fraud thanks.

Back
Top Bottom