Jaaaaaag Owners

How have you found the remap, did you get the gearbox done at the same time? My only slight bugbear is that it seems to hold it in gear for too long when it kicks down, this is only emphasised in sports/dynamic mode.
My sport mode is crazy responsive. Normal mode is more leisurely but I like the dichotomy of it. Didn't get the gearbox done. Just went for the basic remap as I'd only had the car 2 weeks and wasn't sure which direction I was heading. After the inlet manifold issues I'm being a bit more careful, once that worry goes I might spend a bit more on it. I'm traumatised by having car issues since Christmas (not a Jaaaag) so still getting used to driving a car that works! One garage had my last car for 7 weeks then didn't even fix it and tried to charge me £700. Story for another day though.

Ali express is great for accessories btw, I've been buying little things to personalise it like new S badge's for the front grill and boot, cup hole, valve covers and other liners etc. I'm also on a quest to clear the button gunk:rolleyes: though I might replace them.

Ali express is great for accessories btw, I've been buying little things to personalise it like new S badge's for the front grill and boot, cup hole, valve covers and other liners etc. I'm also on a quest to clear the button gunk:rolleyes: though I might replace them.
This sounds terrible. Please post photo so we can tell you if you've gone too far.

Haha, it's subtle. Waiting for clay bar kit to come then I'll wash and polish her over the weekend and post a pic
OK but don't old man it pleas! There is a bloke near me with an XKR which he clearly loves, but he has manifested full blown Halfords onto it with chrome edging, additional badges etc lol. Bless him!

OK but don't old man it pleas! There is a bloke near me with an XKR which he clearly loves, but he has manifested full blown Halfords onto it with chrome edging, additional badges etc lol. Bless him!
No, I want it true, just wanted a few things extra
This was when I bought it

My 90's boy racer side really wants black/carbon wheels, the ones I have aren't too bad so just trying to work out how I can justify it. Don't think I can really.

No, I want it true, just wanted a few things extra
This was when I bought it

My 90's boy racer side really wants black/carbon wheels, the ones I have aren't too bad so just trying to work out how I can justify it. Don't think I can really.
Same as mine but mine was black and my third ;)

Which then became

and is now

Last edited:
I am still enjoying my ipace. it is my 1st Jag (or "premium" car of any marque to be honest.

it is a shame it will likely also be my last but with jaguar claiming their current cars are "too cheap" and they want to go head to head with Bentley rather than BMW or Audi I fear the next gen out jaguars are going to be well out of my price range.

The wheels you have just look so much better in silver. I had black on my Stratus grey XF and I think they looked OK; but they were a pretty boring wheel to start with:

uzJBXJs.jpeg

I recently took the plunge and bought an X250 3.0D Portfolio XFS facelift model after doing what seemed like months of research. Apparently, the 3.0 unit is reasonably reliable, but not as reliable as the 2.2, who want's a 2.2 diesel Jaaag though? You'll need to budget for the obvious things like cambelt and general servicing. However, there is always the chance the inlet manifolds may crack causing the car to go into limp mode, this generally happens when they get to around the 100k mark. Unfortunately, it's an expensive job, circa £1500-£2000 to get fixed. There's also the well-known washer bottle wiring issue, where water wicks up the wiring and can cause a multitude of electrical issues. This is something I still need to get checked on my car. I'm still in the honeymoon period with mine though, it's a lovely thing that does wafting extremely well :D

eQhFNcq.jpeg
Looks very neat indeed. :cool:

I read a bit more on the inlet manifold, appears to be a case of 'when' and not 'if'. The below thread I believe sheds more light on it. Still find it hard to believe that some important functional part was made out of plastic only for it to perish due to wear (Is the case with Audis and BMWs too from minimal reading. Will read more to check how prevalent it is). If I do end up owning the 3.0D Jag as my next car, I will ensure I get some aftermarket used car warranty for 2 years which should cover these expensive bits.

Possible reason for cracked inlet manifold

Bit of a random one, the brakes on my XE have had a high pitch squeal since I got it. It only happens on occasion for a few stops in the morning if it’s been damp during the night.

Before I go back to the dealership, am I being dramatic? It’s annoying and slightly embarrassing :o

A known issue with JLR or am I unfortunate?

Bit of a random one, the brakes on my XE have had a high pitch squeal since I got it. It only happens on occasion for a few stops in the morning if it’s been damp during the night.

Before I go back to the dealership, am I being dramatic? It’s annoying and slightly embarrassing :o

A known issue with JLR or am I unfortunate?

Unfortunate.

It's possible that it might be the anti squeel shim has moved and rubbing the disc. I had this on my Kia recently, was fine for a year then randomly had this squeel that wasn't constant.

Turned out was the shim hadn't been fitted properly/shifted and under certain temperatures would rub the disc and make a noise

Thanks, just rang the dealership after seeing your comment, can't fit me in until January so they're sending someone from LR assist to inspect the car today, a bit OTT but saves me giving it to a local tyre shop :D

Back
Top Bottom