James Gunn... *****

Soldato
That's true, the whole "it was a decade ago" excuse works better if the subject is someone in his/her 20s and the tweets were from when they were a teen.

Just what I was going to say, there is a legitimate claim that your opinions change drastically between 18 and 28, not for say 38 and 48

Sorry, but the world has changed, the **** you talk is now there for perpituity and you have to understand that

Caporegime
Just what I was going to say, there is a legitimate claim that your opinions change drastically between 18 and 28, not for say 38 and 48

Sorry, but the world has changed, the **** you talk is now there for perpituity and you have to understand that

I don't buy that, people's views and outlooks change ALL the time, literally, even when they're going from 30 to 40, or 40 to 50

Caporegime
I don't buy that, people's views and outlooks change ALL the time, literally, even when they're going from 30 to 40, or 40 to 50

yes but the point was is that the excuse works better when going from being a teenager to an adult, an adult in his 30s or 40s should know better

Caporegime
yes but the point was is that the excuse works better when going from being a teenager to an adult, an adult in his 30s or 40s should know better

He probably should have, as has been said though he was probably promoting his upcoming works. If it was that much of a problem it would have e been flagged up then.

Saying that, it's probably the views of everyone else that have changed and suddenly found the tweet horrible, clearly they wasn't as much of an issue before.

Caporegime
He probably should have, as has been said though he was probably promoting his upcoming works. If it was that much of a problem it would have e been flagged up then.

Saying that, it's probably the views of everyone else that have changed and suddenly found the tweet horrible, clearly they wasn't as much of an issue before.

Not particularly views changing so much as simply some negative publicity being generated about it, they were apparently aware of the tweets already.

Likewise see the google engineer who got sacked - that happened as a result of negative publicity rather than what he actually did - they were already aware of his memo but only decided it breached their employee guidelines and chose to sack him after it became a news story and attracted negative publicity.

Caporegime
Agreed, I’m 45 now and my views are always changing because I’m always learning new things. Of course I hold some views that make me old fashioned as my family and friends say. But on the whole my views from say 5 yrs ago aren’t the same as they are now.

Caporegime
Not particularly views changing so much as simply some negative publicity being generated about it, they were apparently aware of the tweets already.

Likewise see the google engineer who got sacked - that happened as a result of negative publicity rather than what he actually did - they were already aware of his memo but only decided it breached their employee guidelines and chose to sack him after it became a news story and attracted negative publicity.

True enough

Associate
We'll probably see more and more of this sort of thing, old crap people have said suddenly my being resurfaced only to bite you in the arse.

Welcome to the digital age

"Oh, thanks for finding those horrible tweets/posts - my account was hacked years ago & I thought i'd deleted everything" seemingly said by absolutely no-one ever when confronted with some dodgy internet past, & I honestly have no idea why?

Caporegime
I don’t see a problem with this tweets, they were just some very dark humour.

But I can see why it wouldn’t jive with how Disney want to be perceived.

Soldato
I just did a bit of research on this Mike Cernovich guy.

Conclusion is.....he's nuts!

I don't get what his agenda is, apart from self promotion.

I've listening to Cernovich a bit, he's on Alex Jones now and again. He's actually been prosecuted for rape in the past. I do agree he is a bit nuts. Very psychological - a fair bit manipulative.

He's definitely good at self promotion again I agree that's his main agenda.

He did an AMA on reddit, I think it was the most slated AMA of all time.

Back
Top Bottom