January 14/15th football *Spoilers*

Man of Honour
Souness is a laughing stock, I was dumbfounded when he got the job, the best thing anyone (even Newcastle fans) could think of to say about him was that he might bring discipline to the club. He can moan all he wants about the players who are injured, but that isn't going to help matters is it? The whole point of being a coach is to work what what you have got available - why are other managers able to do OK with inferior squads?

Bolton
Man City
Blackburn
West Ham
Charlton
Fulham

are all above Newcastle in the league. Souness has spent £50m on players, those clubs don't have that kind of budget. If the board really did give him a £3m payoff in his contract, they must have been very desperate and very very stupid.

As for MU, the left side of defence looked decidedly suspect. Silvestre looks a liability at CB. And I can't say O'Shea and Fletcher is the greatest central midfield pairing I've ever seen either.

Soldato
Makavelli said:
Well correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the fourth official/ref supposed to add 30 secs for every subsitution? Second half saw 6 subs, Dunne down and treated twice, Sinclair down and off for treatment, Ronaldo sent off and James booked for kicking the ball away and time wasting - how can that possibly equate to 4 mins time added on for stoppages?

Allowance for time lost
Allowance is made in either period for all time lost through:

* substitution(s)
* assessment of injury to players
* removal of injured players from the field of play for treatment
* wasting time
* any other cause

The allowance for time lost is at the discretion of the referee.

http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesAndRegulations/FIFALawsOfTheGame/Postings/2002/05/12106.htm

Why would 30 secs additional time be added for Man Utd subs? The idea of that law is to stop time wasting, I can understand 30 sec guideline being given for the winning teams substitutions but none other.

Man of Honour
Indeed, otherwise a losing team could theoretically gain an advantage by subbing 3 players stood right by the touchline and gaining 1min30 for something that took less than a minute.

That said, personally I think refs don't add on enough stoppage time in general. It's pretty rare you see more than 4mins added on.

Associate
andyp said:
being from a family from the blue side manchester - all i can say is...

LOL

i think i'll skip the usual inane bleatings of the man yoo fans and bask in the immense joy that picture gives me.

I am a liverpool supporter and the salute is the 5 fingers (liverpool fc 5 champions league wins) for the man yoo fans. :D

Associate
Good day for the man yoo. :D

city.JPG

Soldato
wintereverlong said:
I do not think we have a God given right to win every game, but I do not expect to watch the poor football I've paid to watch (although through Sky ;)) poor passing, lack of creativity and sense of direction or momentum. I couldn't give a toss if we ever won a trophy again as long as we were playing good football. Remember that we are watching a bunch of millionaires on a football pitch who get paid millions a year to play football and at the minute they are letting the fans down.

Is it too much to ask for them to play to their potential or even give 100% effort every game? No I don't.

Now you know how every Newcastle supporter in the country feels every single weekend!

Panzer

Soldato
HangTime said:
Souness is a laughing stock, I was dumbfounded when he got the job, the best thing anyone (even Newcastle fans) could think of to say about him was that he might bring discipline to the club. He can moan all he wants about the players who are injured, but that isn't going to help matters is it? The whole point of being a coach is to work what what you have got available - why are other managers able to do OK with inferior squads?

Bolton
Man City
Blackburn
West Ham
Charlton
Fulham

are all above Newcastle in the league. Souness has spent £50m on players, those clubs don't have that kind of budget. If the board really did give him a £3m payoff in his contract, they must have been very desperate and very very stupid.

Well said mate.
To us its plain to see he is destroying the club , when outsiders realise this it is surely time for him to go.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8751758224

Soldato
Its just good banter, but you are right, i would love them to win the league. Its the only trophy we havent one in 5 years. at least i could say i saw them win everything in my lifetime :) . For a team that has been a sleeping giant in the last few years according to many people, our achievements since GH took over have been good. GH put the club on a the right track and credit has to be given to him.

Man of Honour
The league is the hardest competition to win, since it's over 38 games vs all opponents rather than a knockout competition where a bit of luck on the pitch and an easy draw can see you go a long way (notice how a distinctly average German side got to the last WC final?).

That said, the CL is where it is at in terms of prestige and money. Manchester United & SAF aren't going to gain a great deal more recognition for winning yet another EPL title, but another European Cup win would.

Any team which wins the league and CL in the same season is a truly great side.

Back
Top Bottom