January 14/15th football *Spoilers*

Associate
Gilly said:
I said when we left the clubhouse that manyoo would get beaten. That midfield pairing has nowhere near enough quality.

Lets hope they have a similar lineup in CM against Liverpool on Sunday, Gerrard, Sissoko & Alonso will have a field day :D

Soldato
Just back. Good game, it was like watching the Arsenal of old. Attacking football, quick movement. It helped having a left back, it brings a better shape to the side. Djourou played well, although Boro offered little, in fact they were awful.

Fred had his best game of the season, should have bagged 2 goals, it really could and should have been at least 10.

One of the lads who came with us, the last game he went to was the Everton 7-0 game!!! 2 games, and 14 goals, not a bad record!

Big Kev said:
I did feel sorry for their keeper, he was given hardly any protection at all, some of the time it was laughable.

To be fair I thought he was at fault for Thierrys 2nd, and should have done better with Gilberto's Header, but he did make a few good saves. Jens made a pair of good saves to at the end of ths game.

cheets64 said:
Lets hope Arsenal dont play like that on 24th, Also i have schwarzer in my dream team but i have Hleb and Senderos so it would be too bad with minus points.

Schwarzer didn't play ;)

MouseMat2004 said:
Anyone know if the highlights of the Arsenal game is gonna be on that Sky Sports thing tonight?

Last edited:
Soldato
Just watching the Arsenal match on SkySports now.

What a ball by Reyes for the 6th. They've played some brilliant football today. When was the Henry skill?

I had to take a shower earlier before my dad went to bed so I missed the start of the 2nd half and the 4th goal :(

Soldato
Now thats more like the Arsenal we know :) There seems to be a good buzz around the club right now, Henry is staying, Cole is nearly fit again, we have signed some players we have no idea about yet still think will become superstars and a superstar in the making in 16 year old Theo Walcott seems to be Highbury bound. Now if Wenger was to sign a top defender like Chivu then this would be just about close to perfect.

Anyone else reckon we are gonna lose 2-0 in our next match? ;)

Associate
God is back. :D

fowler.JPG

Soldato
Aye agreed.

He may have been rather high but he led with one leg. I'd say the challenge on Ronaldo before that was no better or worse yet it went completely unpunished.

Silvestre, awful...

/EDIT - Great finish by Fowler! Am I the only one that finds the press coverage of Pearce's passion for the game a little tiring? I don't mind the guy but I get sick of them going on about his love for the game based on him running onto the pitch to put the ball down to stop time wasting and running into the crowd....

/EDIT 2 - BBC's analysis of the match with Graeme Le Saux is irritating too, pointing out stuff that is blatently obvious. Can't they just talk about it like they end up doing anyway and just forget this pointless part of the programme?

Last edited:
Soldato
Sorry Souness but even with those big players in the team you haven't won when you should have.....

Moaning as well that his squad isn't big enough. I'd say they have a better squad than most.

The excuses have to stop. As a neutral, in my opinion he is ruining a club despite having a team that should be performing to a much higher level..

Back
Top Bottom